Where to sell classic collection?

Miles2go

Probably not the best first post on the forum to jump in trying to sell something, but I need some advice.  I'm between jobs at the moment and while I've had some nibbles, I decided that I should sell off some of my old gaming books which have been mostly sitting in boxes for a three decades.  That includes a large collection of Champions books, most of it lightly used, but some books were well used.  I got into Champions way back when Champions II came out and I have a lot of books to go with it.  I've looked at eBay, but I'm not sure if that is the best place to sell or not.  A used book store won't give me much, I already know that.  So, suggestions for where to go?  Would it be okay to post a list of what I have here?  I didn't find site rules forbidding it, but most forums consider selling stuff on a site as rude.  That's why I'm asking for advice on where to go and not just posting a list, so any tips would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Since my content has to be approved by a moderator, I'll give it a try and see if this passes.  If it doesn't, I'll PM you.  Total of 21 books, most in good condition.  The one exception being Champions 4th edition which has a broken spine.  All of the pages are there, but some are coming loose.

1. Champions (1st Edition)
  2. Champions II
  3. Champions III
  4. Champions (4th Edition)
  5. Champions (5th Edition)
  6. Challenges for Champions
  7. Champions in 3-D
  8. Champions Universe
  9. Classic Organizations
  10. Dark Champions
  11. Enemies III
  12. Enemies III  (Yes, two copies of Enemies III - I'm not sure how that happened.)
  13. European Enemies
  14. Invaders from Below
  15. Justice Inc. Campaign Book
  16. Mind Games
  17. Mystic Masters
  18. Ninja Hero
  19. Normals Unbound
  20. Scourge of the Deep
  21. The Olympians

I also have a few Champions Comics, because at one time Champions was so popular they tried to spin off their own comic series:

Hero Comics:  Champions  issues 2, 3, & 4  Marksman issues 1, 2 & 3

Eclipse Comics:  Champions Mini-series 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 & 6 

All comics still in plastic sleeves and in excellent condition.

I also feel obligated to mention that some of the books are available on this site in PDF format.  I realize what I've listed are now of more of interest as collectibles as the rules system has evolved.  I have fond memories of playing Champions.  My gaming group was totally into Dungeons & Dragons in highschool.  I played Champions all through college, usually as the game master.  Still, they aren't doing me any good sitting in a box.

Call me a fossil.  While I've been buying PDFs here and there to fill in gaps in my 4e collection, I will _always_ prefer to hold a book, to feel a book, to smell a book.....

Are you certain it's a first edition?  No speed chart on the back?  Just a collection of characters flying in way-too-low to assist the guy on the front cover?  If so, what do you want for it?

There are a few things on there I'm interested in, but I most desire a copy of first edition Champions I can hold in my hands....

Shoot me a PM and we'll discuss it, if it's an actual first edition.

Thank you; thank you very much.  :)

Duke

*sigh*  Not 1st edition.  I was thinking Champions, Champions II and Champions III, but opened the cover and it's really a 3rd edition, 2nd printing.  The back cover is the cheesy "Be A Hero!" guy.  (I always liked that slogan.)  It has been a few years, so I was confused.  Sorry to get your hopes up.

26 minutes ago, Duke Bushido said:

Call me a fossil.  While I've been buying PDFs here and there to fill in gaps in my 4e collection, I will _always_ prefer to hold a book, to feel a book, to smell a book.....

Dude.  You're supposed to read books.  Not fondle and snort them.  Unless they're scratch-and-sniffs.

I'd probably put it on EBay and then place an ad here(forums) describing what you are selling (include pictures!).

I'd also cross post and put an "ad" on the Facebook pages too.  I'd explain your situation like you did in the first post and say that you want to sell it to someone who will value it as much as you did.  You should weigh the books and ask the post office how much media mail would cost to ship anywhere in the continental US and/or abroad.

Personally, I'd put in a bid myself but I don't know if that would be the best bid you can get.

If you're more interested in a hassle-free sale than in getting the best price, you could always get in touch with Noble Knight (nobleknight.com) and see what they'll offer you for the books.

Just make sure you describe them as well as you can, and include good photos if possible.

16 hours ago, Miles2go said:

*sigh*  Not 1st edition.  I was thinking Champions, Champions II and Champions III, but opened the cover and it's really a 3rd edition, 2nd printing.  The back cover is the cheesy "Be A Hero!" guy.  (I always liked that slogan.)  It has been a few years, so I was confused.  Sorry to get your hopes up.

Don't sweat it.  I've been looking for 30 years now.  It will happen or it won't. :)

When I get home, I'm going to take a look at your 4e stuff and see if I have any needs there. 

Thank you for the suggestions.  I think I'll try Noble Knight games first and see what they offer.  I only mentioned the Champions books on this forum, but I've got quite a few others: Traveller, 2nd edition D&D, old Judge's Guild stuff, Deadlands, 7th Sea, and In Nomine are the big ones.  Those are the ones I actually played in and/or gamemastered.  Then I have a bunch of others that I picked up just because they looked interesting.  I'm sure most of you here have a similar collection.  It will save me time, which I need because I'm also looking for a new job and preparing my house to be put on the market.  I appreciate the kind response and advice.