Intelligent Vehicles

Cane Irondog

Hello,

I`ve tried to build a sentient vehicle with the vehicle template in HERO Designer - but I failed. I will do it the old way, using pen and paper.

But is there a way I haven`t seen yet to combine something like an AI and a Vehicle into a single HD file? Or are the templates just too specific for such a build? What steps do I have to do for a reverse engineering with a regular character or automaton template?

Thanks for the advice in advance. :)

If you're looking to customize rules (e.g. adding one or more Characteristics into a Vehicle), then you're looking to build a custom template.  The documentation has details on this. 

If you're looking to have a Vehicle with all the Characteristics of a normal character, then just use the appropriate character template (e.g. Superheroic).

Here are two templates I modified to combine computers with vehicles. One template just adds INT (for a regular computer) and the other template adds INT and EGO (for an AI).

Vehicle With AI - 6th Edition.hdtVehicle With Computer - 6th Edition.hdt

EDIT:  Templates modified on April 19, 2019 to include the "Program" Talent.

3 hours ago, Cane Irondog said:

Thank you very much, Simon and C-Note. :)

I`ve modified a copy of the regular vehicle-template, which works quite well (just added INT + EGO). But I will have a look at your templates too, C-Note.

Thanks for the quick replies.

Greetings from Germany

Templates modified.  See edit above.