Using Heroic Str from APG

Tywyll

15 hours ago, Simon said:

Are you sure you're thinking of HD and not HERO Combat Manager?

Yup, HD. I want the character's encumbrance to show correctly on the sheet. APGI has a revised Heroic Stregnth Chart for encumbrance. I'm not talking about the graduated damage for heroic thing. 

That is a function of the export format that you are using (and would need to be changed within the export format) -- the extent to which HD is involved is to track the weight of a given item and whether or not it's "carried" - everything else is in the export format, likely making use of either JavaScript or the MATH tags.

47 minutes ago, Simon said:

That is a function of the export format that you are using (and would need to be changed within the export format) -- the extent to which HD is involved is to track the weight of a given item and whether or not it's "carried" - everything else is in the export format, likely making use of either JavaScript or the MATH tags.

Even the derived value from how much Strength carries? Is that in the export? Does HD not tell the export that a Strength of 10 lifts Xkg and a Str of 20 lifts Y?

38 minutes ago, Simon said:

if you're referring to the notes on the STR characteristic, that is also up to the export format.

I'm referring to the details on what STR means...its damage, lift, skill roll, etc, etc. 

But okay, it's in the export format. So in the default 'Export to PDF' option in HD, there is no way to change the lift?

Sorry for the intrusion @Tywyll but if you are trying to use HD for Narosia be sure to use the Narosia templates, rules, prefabs, and export formats. The Narosia export formats have the essence stat as well as handle encumbrance. 

for non-Narosia, I made an export format that follows standard Hero encumbrance as well. They’re both posted on the HD export formats site. 

1 hour ago, Legendsmiths said:

Sorry for the intrusion @Tywyll but if you are trying to use HD for Narosia be sure to use the Narosia templates, rules, prefabs, and export formats. The Narosia export formats have the essence stat as well as handle encumbrance. 

for non-Narosia, I made an export format that follows standard Hero encumbrance as well. They’re both posted on the HD export formats site. 

Wait, does Narosia use the APG Heroic Strength scale for lift and encumbrance?

On 1/27/2020 at 12:45 PM, Simon said:

What code would be needed to make the export format use the APG guidelines?

20 hours ago, Simon said:

Stated in the text you quoted -- Javascript and/or MATH tags.

I do not know xml or javascript. Hence me asking what, specifically, I'd need to paste in to someone else's export to make it use the HERO rule I want to use. I wouldn't have asked if I knew.

Creating/editing export formats is on you (or on you to find someone to do it for you).

You're looking to implement a rule variant that is not part of character creation (which is what HD focuses on).  It can be done, but you're going to need to put some work in to do it.