weird power combos

bloomann

just brainstorming really but I have some power combo ideas which could be kewll...

Brink with shrinking always on, he has 70 strength but is only 1cm high, his devistaiting attack is to crawl into opponents ear and turn that brain to mush (not sure how to formulate that attack)

Giant with 10 speed and martial arts, carrying a magic spear...

speedster that moves sooo fast he has multiform always on (two other versions of himself, all moving at speed 12) don't even know if that's legal...oh yeah also he's moving sooo fast he's invisible and is disolide...

what else?

So ya want weird power combos... I reference you to V&V: The Game of Weird Power Combos! But then that was the most fun; trying to somehow cobble the character from a bunch of unrelated stuff. In all my years with the system I can recall only one random set that I eventually just gave up on... SHRINKING, STRETCHING, ICE POWERS, MIND BLAST.

And that's after tossing out a worthless power (I forget which one).

These are all characters I played that were generated from random tables

Marvel

Shoutgun: A mutant with teleportation powers and earth control his powers so weak he could teleport a whole 10' and the only thing he could do with earth control was shoot rocks (I claimed he was teleporting them with velocity) they were as effective as a shotgun which in Marvel is a pretty pathetic attack. The villains ignored him since he was unable to effect them.

Marvel

Berseker Toaster: A robot who built himself using mystical power? He had heat and cold powers that were impressive but his real ace in the hole was that he was a supergenius who could lower his intellect and become stronger. I loved the artwork I did for the character.

Heroes Unlimted

I can't remember his name but according to his random origin he was a scientist and political exile but his only equipment was a giant axe. We decided his culture had trial by combat to establish accepted scientific theories and he had lost. Favorite moment with the character was when he brought smoked meat to a funeral and was bewildered with the ritual of bringing flowers.

Originally posted by Eyendasky80

I said to a friend that the next time I get to play in a Champions campaign I want to make a character with Growth who flies. It's just a funny mental picture to me. And I can see my team mates attaching seats to my back and riding me around like a 747. Maybe I could get a sidekick called the Flight Attendant.

Give him high PD on one side of his body and call him the Amazing Belly-flop. He drops from the sky and flattens groups of opponents in an area effect. Death from above!!!

Growth w/ Flight - I'm already running a character with that: he's an Ultraman-based character I call UltraKnight (essentially a fusion of my old Champions character Power Knight with the Japanese hero Ultraman). He's also very strong and has a wide variety of energy beams.

I think the weirdest power combo I ever saw was back in collage when we used a random chart for some other game (Warhammer, maybe??) to make up "Wild Cards" concepts. One friend actually rolled up...

(a) No head

(B) Extra head

...we decided to write that up as the character had the power to remover her own head and use it as a throwing weapon.

Admittedly, we never played these characters, and did it more for the sheer absurdity of it all... :)

-Yogzilla

Originally posted by Yogzilla

One friend actually rolled up...

(a) No head

(B) Extra head

...we decided to write that up as the character had the power to remover her own head and use it as a throwing weapon.

-Yogzilla

Yeh! The Bowler! (Not to be confused with the Bowler from Mystery Men). He reaches up and grabs his head by the mouth and nostrils and bowls over the enemy! A Strike for Justice!