MERP game via Tabletop Simulator?

tkdguy

I can help you with the game. Everything is d100 based. I was going to say percentile, but many rolls are open-ended. I can provide a pre-generated character for you.

I'm on Pacific Time. If your state does Daylight Saving Time, we'd still be an hour apart. My group is trying for Saturday afternoon, maybe around 2 pm. Let me know if that's not convenient for you. I'll send you a PM once I've hammered out the details with my other players.

https://notionclubarchives.fandom.com/wiki/Arda_Role_Playing_Wiki

I can give you an elf mage. Have you played Rolemaster? MERP is a simplified version. Spells come in lists. Fortunately, the TTS MERP setup has premade cards for use.

Here's a quick rundown of the classes: https://www.scribd.com/doc/48989106/1-MERP-Short-Beginners-Guide-to-choosing-Professions-and-Races

Also a primer on character creation, although I will provide simplified character sheets. http://www.guildcompanion.com/scrolls/2009/may/merpquickanddirty.html

5 hours ago, Ragitsu said:

How closely will you be following canon?

My campaign uses the ICE MERP default setting of Year 1640 of the Third Age. Tolkien didn't write anything about that era aside from having just recovered from the Great Plague, so the characters get to shine without worrying about being overshadowed by the Fellowship.

The world is slightly different from what most people are used to. There are still kings in Gondor and Arthedain. Rohan is not yet a country, but Angmar is still active in the north. Minas Tirith is still known as Minas Anor, and Minas Ithil (Minas Morgul in the books) has not yet fallen to the forces of evil. The Ring is still in the bottom of the Anduin, and Sauron is in hiding, disguised as the Necromancer. Mordor is still being guarded by Gondor's forces, but the watch is being slowly phased out after the Great Plague's devastation.

As to character creation, I of course will give people leeway. I don't have a problem if someone wants to play a half-elf. I have a few in my solo campaign. Likewise, spellcasters are also allowed, although casting too many spells overtly may have some consequences. Rohirrim characters will be called Eotheod.