Brainstorming: Building a training robot(s)

Tae Kwon Dan

As I'm slowly getting my campaign together in terms of an actual storyline one thing I've realized that I would like to have in the groups base is a training robot. I would like for the robot to be able to mimic the powers of past foes so that the group can work on their tactics, etc. versus their enemies.

I have two different thoughts on how I might build this and want to see what you guys think as well.

1. VPP - Basically give the robot a decent sized VPP that takes a long time to change (e.g. being reprogrammed) so that each robot could mimic certain powers of certain villians or even a mixture of powers.

2. Multiform - Each robot is pre-programmed with a group of "forms" that it can take. This allows for fighting a villian exactly, but doesn't have the flexibility of option 1.

Any other ideas?

Call it a summon of exact replica of given villain. You can then call it a large class of things and you'll be all set. Unless you want them to use the robot elsewhere, buy it with the limitation, only functions in the danger room. and, as you said, extra time (due to construction and programing)

Edit: I really should have read Lord Liadens post first.

Originally posted by Tae Kwon Dan

Thanks LL, but to clarify what I'm looking for is how would you build the robots ability to mimic super powers?

I will remember that Summon trick though. ;)

Perhaps I do need clarification; I got the impression that you wanted a robot that could be given any power, but that would require a significant time interval to change those powers. If that were the case the capacity to quickly modify abilities, which is given by a VPP or Multiform, wouldn't be necessary. All you would want would be the end result of a robot that could have any desired ability. Summon with the +1 "Summon Anything" Advantage would allow you to do that.

If you summon X number of robots you can only have that number active at a time, and you'd have to somehow "get rid of" the first group of robots to Summon more; that can be the S/FX of reprogramming them with new abilities. Add Extra Time to Summon to represent programming time.

If you do want the robots to be able to change abilities "on the fly," or if you're looking for something else, please elaborate and I'll see what I can do. :)