Gith, flayers and othe psions

jaws

Anyone have heroified info, package deals, prefabs, templates dealing with psionics. Aside from what on Killershrike's website of course.

I would appreciate any info on this. As we are starting a campaign in a couple of weeks dealing with psionics.

Re: Gith, flayers and othe psions

Here's 2 older rough drafts that might be of interest:

Psionic Power Levels :

Mind Flayer / Illithid :

Grey Hero Psionics (main page = mere TOC shell)

Sorry I've been too busy to get new stuff up on the website but hope in the meantime this is useful anyway...

Since you specified Dungeons and Dragons creatures, jaws, I first looked for HERO write-ups relating to psionics from those games. Besides Hierax's material above, I also found these:

http://www.angelfire.com/scifi2/mathew/pamindflayer.html

http://surbrook.devermore.net/adaptationscreatures/games/dnd/intellectd.html

There are other HERO packages available, e.g. for the Palladium/RIFTS game. If you'd like a morely widely cast nest, please let us know. :)

I'm presently starting a Dark Sun Hero campaign and wondered a lot about those issues.

As I'm not very experienced yet with the Hero system rules, I didn't manage to build a very complete adaptation, but still...

I decided that all psionic powers would be built as elemental controls, one elemental control for each original d&d psionic discipline. An exeception to this are wild talents, who get all their powers from the same elemental control.

I choosed this option to mark a difference between the three types of powers of this world (psionics, priests' spells and wages' spells). Priests' spells are built as multipowers (one multipower for each sphere wich are, in Dark Sun: earth, air, water, fire and cosmos) while mages' spells are bought as single powers, but with much more limitations (notoulsy profanation stuff and all...).

It may look a bit complex for nothing, but I really wanted to keep the different flavors for all those types of powers from d&d. I didn't play test it yet, though.

As for the detailed mechanic, wild talents cannot have more than four to five powers (depending on their potency) and cannot have poers of more than 15 or 20 AP.

All psionic powers have to be fed from an endurence reserve, with the limited recovery (-2) limitation. I choosed to use the old d&d PSPs recovery table (yes, as you noted, this endurence reserve acts much like d&d PSPs). So the reserve recovers at different rates depending on the activity level of the psionist (heavy efforts: 0/hour, light effort: 3/hour, no activity, awaken rest: 6/hour and sleep or meditation: 12/hour).

Continuous, cost end to maintain and stops workin if psionosct is stunned must all be taken for powers from the telepathy discipline (as well as for others that might not be instant in-game, but I didn't defined them yet).

Finally, all powers have to be based on EGO combat values and a sucessful skill roll (one skill per discipline, except for wild talents wich always use their ego) has to be made in order for the power to be manifested.

Wew... It might not be as efficient as Killer Shrike's adaptation, but anyway... Moreover, as I wrote before, I didn't play-test this yet. So, eventhough I don't intend to highjack jaws' post, feel free to comment and ameliorate it... :D

Aye... I usually hate long posts, but I guess I just had to this time... ;) Anyway, hope this will help in some way. Have fun!

Great help guys. Polishing off some details and characters. Will be posting a few powers to your Psionic powers page this week too KS.

Anything else psionic will be helpful thanks all.

JAWS

PS: Repped everyone it lets me rep. Never enough.

Hello, every one.

i'm making a psionic campaing as a master and i want to include mind flayers in it, i downloaded Hierax's file of mind flayers (thank you, Hierax) but i'm having some problems to interpretated it:

in the Brain Sucking Maw killing attack all the limitations are as "?", what is the cost of the limitations and wich ones are?

i'm including de power as in Hierax's file for better reply.

??? Brain Sucking Maw: HKA 3d6+1 (50 Base Points);

Continuous (+1), NND (+1; no brain), Does BODY

(+1) (200 Active Points); Concentration (0 dcv

throughout; -?), Extra Time (Full Turn; -?), All four

tentacles must have hit and grabbed first (-?), Skull

Cutting Tentacles must have inflicted BODY Damage

(-?), Linked to Skull Cutting Tentacles (-?).