The Power Factory

steriaca

One of my projects in my head is a book on sample powers for Champions, titled The Power Factory. But since I can never really summon up the courage to do it (and I also wanted it to be a free thing), I decided to create this thread for everyone to contribute to.

(This is also meant to help new players, cause of the lack of power examples in Champions Complete in the first place.)

The rules of this thread:

1) All powers must be Champions Complete legal.

2) All powers must follow the format of the sample power I will post.

3) No duplications of powers (that is, no two powers with the exact same special effect written up the exact same way). For example, you can not have two fire powers as Blast, unless something makes them different (One could be a Pryokenetic mental power, another a Fire Magic spell, another a Fire Gun, but once one special effect is taken, the same special effect for that power cannot be taken).

4) Other legal books are: Advance Players Guide one and two, and Hero System Martial Arts. I have the right to add to this list other books (so pay attention to this thread for new books once other people convince me to add them).

First Power: Mental Energy Blast.

Name: Mental Energy Blast.

Source Special Effect: Mental Energy.

Power Special Effect: Mental Energy.

Structure: Blast 12d6, Alternate Combat Value (OMCV vs DCV: +0). END Cost: 6

Description: The character forms and shoots a ball of magenta colored energy from his forehead and launches it at his opponents. The orb is composed of Mental Energy, and is aimed by the character's mind alone. Beyond that, it acts like a typical Blast, affecting the Energy Defense of the target, if affected by range, ect. This is a 'simulated mental power' (that is, a power not associated with mental powers made into a mental power by special effect). Because of this, special effect based Damage Negation and Damage Reduction works against it (but not Mental attacks version, unless the game master choses otherwise).

One of my projects in my head is a book on sample powers for Champions, titled The Power Factory. But since I can never really summon up the courage to do it (and I also wanted it to be a free thing), I decided to create this thread for everyone to contribute to.

(This is also meant to help new players, cause of the lack of power examples in Champions Complete in the first place.)

The rules of this thread:

1) All powers must be Champions Complete legal.

4) Other legal books are: Advance Players Guide one and two, and Hero System Martial Arts. I have the right to add to this list other books (so pay attention to this thread for new books once other people convince me to add them).

If I may make a suggestion: If using something from any source other than Champions Complete, try to include enough information that a new player with only that book will understand how to use the power in play.

Lucius Alexander

This tagline for example does not include enough information to enable you to use a palindromedary in play

If I may make a suggestion: If using something from any source other than Champions Complete, try to include enough information that a new player with only that book will understand how to use the power in play.

Lucius Alexander

Yes, what Lucius said.

How about this?

Name: Sensory Sever

Source Special Effect: Mentalism (Telepathy)

Power Special Effect: Mentalism (Telepathy)

Structure: Flash 4d6 [sight, Hearing, Mental, Smell/Taste and Touch Groups, Combat Sense and Danger Sense]  Attack Versus Alternate Defense (Mental Defense; +0), Alternate Combat Value (uses OMCV against DMCV; +1/4) END Cost: 6

Description: The character reaches out with their mind into the mind of the target, leaving the target's mind incapable of processing any sensory data that the target may be receiving from their various senses.

Is the format right?

How about this?

Name: Sensory Sever

Source Special Effect: Mentalism (Telepathy)

Power Special Effect: Mentalism (Telepathy)

Structure: Flash 4d6 [sight, Hearing, Mental, Smell/Taste and Touch Groups, Combat Sense and Danger Sense] Attack Versus Alternate Defense (Mental Defense; +0), Alternate Combat Value (uses OMCV against DMCV; +1/4) END Cost: 6

Description: The character reaches out with their mind into the mind of the target, leaving the target's mind incapable of processing any sensory data that the target may be receiving from their various senses.

Is the format right?

Yes. Perfect.