Kountry Komics Request for help

JmOz

So been slowly working on content for my webpage.  I recently posted The Heroes of San Corona, a group of 6 low powered heroes.  

What would you guys like to see next?  been toying with putting my notes for the Armory up there, also of including the premiere team of the world (called the Centurions).  Also content could be in other areas...I want to put a new thing up every week...

take a look and tell me what YOU want to see...

http://jawedel01.wixsite.com/kountry-gaming

You say on the site that you plan to finish a book on street level superheroes (Capes, Masks and Mystery Men was the title I planned to use for the superhero game that I will never write!)

What might be valuable on the site is an overview of the decisions you made to customise HERO to get the game you wanted - this might be a decent section in the final book but it would be a useful insight to anyone interested in doing their own version.

Doc

Ohh, no did not take it that way at all...The books were motivated by a project I did YEARS ago where I wrote up every bat gadget in B:TAS....Just can't get motivated on it at all...

I had a trilogy planned

The Fox's armory (gadgets)

The Fox is dead (adventure/campaign setting)

The Fox's Files (Character book)

Motivation is the biggest requirement for any project.  Working for other motivation is often provided through others managing you and your work, setting targets, checking quality etc.  A lot of that you do not realise is happening until you find yourself in a situation where it does not exist.

for personal projects (hobby or commercial), you need to find a way to insert that structure either yourself or leaning on others.  You need to be organised and dedicated but most of all to be realistic.  If you set yourself unrealistic targets then you will demotivate yourself and everything will grind to an end - all because you were a dufus boss to yourself.  :-)

I think setting a few small goals over realistic timescales, get some momentum, see some things come to fruition will be the best way.  The whole project is too big to see it finished any time soon and that makes it difficult to take the first steps.

It is probably worth looking to see if there is a writers group near you.  Sharing stuff is great for improving things and for getting motivated to finishing things.  People think of writers groups as purely for those producing fiction, I think they would welcome someone doing RPG style material and you would gain a ready made peer group to drive you not only to get the pieces finished but to drive up the quality at the same time.

I am trying to think of what I want to do when I retire and putting a lot of thought into how I am going to go about writing work.  Thought I might as well share my thoughts....

Doc

PS: the trilogy looks fine as a concept.  My next step would be a putative contents page for each which might help break the big job down into bite-sized pieces.

As a consumer, rather than a producer, of such things, what I really appreciate are the things that make things easy to use.

As such, well laid out stat blocks that I can print and paste onto index cards, good visuals that I can paste on the other side and flash to players, or print onto card for instant tabletop colour.

:-)

With superheroes, I think visuals are hugely important.