Favorite Champions Miniatures?

Critias

We're a few weeks into a new campaign, so I decided to have some fun with my old box o' HeroClix, and see what I could put together for models to use on your hex map.

First up is Triumph, a mutant energy manipulator (Aid, Drain, Detect Mutants) and also a mutant mimic (big ol' VPP, and a few lower-key multipowers, representing stuff he's internalized after long-term copying from his big brother, Holocaust).  For the first few sessions I was using a HeroClix "Justice" figure for him, when he was operating as Nemesis, Holocaust's semi-sidekick.  After his heel-face turn, however, he's got his own costume going, as Triumph!

He's got "Perceivable" on just about every single power he's got, representing him constantly kind of leaking mutant energy all over, not yet as precise (and Endurance efficient!) as he might someday be;  so lost energy from all the energy transfers flares around him all the time...hence the light show, thanks to snipping a few energy signatures from the Marvel Ultimates version of Electro.  Most of the rest of the mini was easy, just a Cyclops repaint, and then arranging/snipping/gluing the power trail stuff into place.  Triumph doesn't need his visor the way Cyclops does, but it gives him some Penalty Skill Levels against range (plus works as a mask, y'know?), because I just had to work up a reason to have a cool visor, since I've got eyebeams.  ;)

1374818_868007376577384_5033015376514926

And then we've got my wife's character, Chrome.  Chrome's got some a whole bunch of unified powers tied to "chroming up," a Density Increase that also comes with some extra strength boosts, extra knockback resistance, extra rPD/rED, etc, etc.  She's an accountant by day and a brawling super-strong mutant made of super-shiny metal (so much so she has Reflection and some Flash Protection, too!) by night.  Chrome's mini was a simple repaint of a She-Hulk, so nothing too exciting.
10448769_868007389910716_350192695468360

Aside from these two, we're using "stock" miniatures (Titanium Man for our mutant inventor's powered armor, named Prototype, and a Multiple Man in a trenchcoat for our street-savy psionicist/teleporter, Fade) so far.  Our GM recently got a big old pile of HeroClix off eBay (advertised 200+, he got over 550!), which, combined with my own humble collection, has given us all plenty to choose from for inspiration and stuff.

What about you?  What's your favorite for on-table representation in superheroic throw-downs?

We were using the original Steve Jackson cardboard heroes.  I have a newer group member and he has hundreds of HeroClix so people have picked out characters that work for them out of that set.  My daughter still doesn't like the fact that most of the female characters are dressed very scantily... I have a daughter who dresses very modestly.

We were using the original Steve Jackson cardboard heroes.  I have a newer group member and he has hundreds of HeroClix so people have picked out characters that work for them out of that set.  My daughter still doesn't like the fact that most of the female characters are dressed very scantily... I have a daughter who dresses very modestly.

Do you have any wargamer buddies?  Someone could probably whip out the ol' paint brush and change some of the mostly-naked superheroines into someone with a bit more clothes on, really pretty easily, if it would make her more comfortable. 

She's still a work in progress, but I'm doing something similar to a Dawnstar miniature that we're using for "Feather," a recurring NPC in our campaign.  We needed a female model with wings, so Dawnstar was the beset we had, but as any quick Google Image search for "Dawnstar" will show you, her costume is...hardly modest.  ;)  A quick coat of paint, though, and we've got her all covered up and she'll be matching the team colors (several of us are going for a navy blue look) in no time!  Especially if you're just going for some basic "color over the flesh tone with something else," it's just a couple minute's work, really.

Anyways, just a thought!  I'd hate for a young gamer to be unhappy!

I hack HeroClix into characters.

I LOVE Crossover Minis superhero/supervillain line. With the multiple heads, you can make any number of villains and heroes just by switching parts. http://crossoverminiatures.com/

Reaper's Chronoscope line has many really nice Superheroes (many of these figs are also available in inexpensive/durable Bonesium plastic)
https://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/Chronoscope

Hasslefree Minis have many modern and sciFi figures that can be used for Superhero games. They have Resin figs for collectors and reasonably priced metal figs for painters
http://www.hfminis.co.uk/

Some of GamesWorkshop's figures can be used for Supers games. They are quite expensive now, so buying used may be a better way of acquiring these.

• 2 weeks later...

We would be remiss if we didn't mention the most complete line of 28mm super minis that I know of, SuperFigs available at Old Glory:

http://www.oldgloryminiatures.com/categories.asp?cat=47

Black Hat miniatures also has a small but nice line:

http://www.blackhat.co.uk/online_shop/index.php?cPath=121_122_141