Recommendations: Free Web Hosting?

Pariah

So, to make a long story short, I'm working on a personal project that may lead to posting some things on the internet in the fullness of time. I'd like to be able to do so for a reasonable price--being a public school teacher, "reasonable" is best interpreted in this context as "free".

I've done a very small amount of research and have located a number of potential hosts: WordPress.com, Wix, Weebly, Squarespace, and Amazon Web Services (AWS). Various sources have listed different pros and cons to each of the above, none of them overwhelmingly swaying my opinion one way or the other.

(I've also looked into Google Sites, which I've used in the past for school, but I ran into two problems: 1) it's a lot more counterintuitive than I remember, and 2) Google keeps trying to link my efforts to my school Google account, which is a big no-no.)

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone here has experience with any of the aforementioned hosts, or if you have recommendations for anything better. Any useful information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!