Bag of Holding…

Cinniuint

I’m trying to build a character with a “Bag of Holding”. I think I have a build for it, but the full character idea makes it awkward. 

The character is an alien with a kangaroo like build. Prehensile tail, stretching, shrinking & the pouch (reaches into a mini-dimension).

He doesn’t truly shrink, just transfers mass to the other dimension, but for game purposes it is shrinking. So rather than crossing into a microverse, he just crosses a balance threshold and drops into the other dimension. 

While he can be in two places, two dimensions, at once, since one of them is a small place with very little interaction with anywhere else, I don’t think that it is much of a power. Being able to leave the world behind, however, certainly has some value. 

Supplies, (and conceivably guests, but it is not intended for that purpose), could be sent ahead through the pouch,  Otherwise, nothing is there but a small space. 

The pouch seems to me like a great excuse for a Variable Power Pool ("I'll pull that freeze gun out of my pouch.").

Other stuff comes from The Hero System Advance Player's Guide 2 pages 27-28 (Extradimensinal Spaces, which allows you to put normal objects and stuff into the pocket), and pages 32-34 (Object Creation, which let's you pull out normal objects out of your pouch).

The best thing about Object Creation and VPP is that you don't have to keep track of what your holding in that pocket. What you can pull out is if it is an power (various attacks, armor, etc) is covered by the VPP, and what is considered a normal object is covered by Object Creation  Extradimensinal Spaces can just be a special effect unless he wants to pocket things into it, then Extradimensinal Spaces is needed.

But what if I don't have The Hero System Advance Player's Guide 2? Well, VPP covered taking stuff out of the pocket, Extradimensinal Travel sends things to another dimension (Usable Against Others is a godsend), and using the VPP to buy Skill Levels in what you wish on a focus.

Ok. Point wise, assuming a 60 active point cap.

144 Pulling Stuff Out Of My Magic Pocket: 60 point Variable Power Pool, Powers Can Be Changed As A Zero Phase Action (+1), No Skill Roll Required (+1), Silently Limited Class Of Powers (objects only: -1/4)

30 Control Cost (60 Active Points in pool).

30 The Pocket: Extradimensinal Spaces (36 Cubic Meters)

40 The Kitchen Sink: Object Creation, Extremely Complex Object, 2PD, 2ED, 2 BODY. 4 END per use.