Another one bites the dust...

unclevlad

Digital TV, that is.

We had some big time lightning, and lost power for ~ 45 minutes...fortunately, as the oven was pre-heating, NOT when everything was in and cooking.

TCL TV came back up, seemed to be just fine for a bit, but then...I dunno, it's died.  3rd digital TV to do so for me, in not allll that long a period of time.  Tried lots of things, nothing works.  May have to see if I've got a spare monitor with an HDMI port.  I know I've got the monitors;  not sure about the HDMI.  Sound's not an issue, it's piped through my receiver.

And I may price a monitor if I do have to replace it, altho the better monitors in 40-43" sizes are, I think, substantially MORE than the TVs...

EDIT:  yeah, one of my spare monitors works just fine....it's only about 20" tho, so it's not a permanent solution.

EDIT 2:  forget replacing a 43" TV with a 43" monitor, pretty much.  Unless the TV's something like a Sony where the brand premium is particularly high.  Oh well.

9 hours ago, unclevlad said:

EDIT 2:  forget replacing a 43" TV with a 43" monitor, pretty much.  Unless the TV's something like a Sony where the brand premium is particularly high.  Oh well.

Yeah, a komodo dragon, even one that's only three and a half feet long, would be a poor substitute for a television.

I'll show myself out now.

(My condolences on your loss, by the way. What a nuisance.)