Live-view Hero system campaign

Martyn Webster

For the benefit if anyone living under a rock, D&D has had a massive reboot in the past few years based on Critical Role and a host of other groups (Realmsmith, Role 20, Dungeon Dudes among many others) filming their D&D campaigns on YouTube and other streaming platforms. Those top professional outfits are now making money out of it and there is a massive revival of D&D going on (and product sales).

Is anyone aware of anyone doing the same for a Hero system campaign? It seems to me that a superhero campaign based on Hero System could capture a niche audience, or a Fantasy campaign based on Hero system could grab some attention. It seems like a huge opportunity is right there for the taking. Am I dreaming here?

There is a really long video on youtube of two peopke anf a GM playibg by remote,  they are using 4e, and it is somrthing like Champions from the ivory coast or something like that.  The video is on the order of four hours long.  I have tried several times to watch it, but I just cant stay focussed on it.  It is nit exactly "high energy" gameplay.

@Pattern Ghost, of course the roleplaying is the entertainment for most - no point streaming a boring game of technical stuff, but Hero can facilitate that better than D&D as long as the players go with the GM's lead and the GM lets things slide a bit if it sounds fun (and says when he is giving some slack). It's a matter of how it's presented for sure. Just saying that a well presented campaign could lead people to look at the system. There are quite a few system-less or custom system shows out there too - so I agree that the system is not what people watch these for and you would need some good players and GM to make it work.

I was thinking that a super hero campaign would have a bit of a point of difference and get an audience that may not have looked at this yet. Definitely a low-power hero campaign though to keep the characters well grounded and sympathetic at the start - struggling with everyday issues and quickly finding their powers but struggling with the social (and legal) consequences.