Build Question: Body of...

Sketchpad

Hello Herodom! I'm working on a hero that can assume an alternate form as one of their powers. Think Electro, but their body becomes electricity at times. I was looking at Champions Powers and they build it as Desolidification. Great, but that's only one aspect of the power. I was looking at the following:

- Electrical Form: Desolidification (Not good vs. Conductible)

- Zapped: 1d6 RKA (AoE - Personal Surface/Damage Shield; Affects Physical World)
- Zip-Zap: Flight 25" 

- Energy Being: Life Support 

So here's my question: With the above grouped together should they be linked since it's an alt form? Does Unified Power apply? They do have other powers that cannot be used while in the alt form at the moment (because they don't have Affects Physical World). How would you build a "Body of" power as part of the power set?

17 minutes ago, Sketchpad said:

So here's my question: With the above grouped together should they be linked since it's an alt form? Does Unified Power apply? They do have other powers that cannot be used while in the alt form at the moment (because they don't have Affects Physical World). How would you build a "Body of" power as part of the power set?

If one power cannot be used without the other powers, then yes. If you can choose not to use power x while using Desolidfication, then a simple "Can't Use Unless Desolification Power Is Active" works

Unified Power can apply.

I would define the damage shield power as the "body of electricity" form and add Affects Desolid and Affects Real World advantages to it.

It should be noted that the Jamie Fox Electro in the current Spiderman movie has to wear an containment suit so he doesn't dissipate, and it looks familiar somehow...

5 minutes ago, steriaca said:

If one power cannot be used without the other powers, then yes. If you can choose not to use power x while using Desolidfication, then a simple "Can't Use Unless Desolification Power Is Active" works

Unified Power can apply.

I would define the damage shield power as the "body of electricity" form and add Affects Desolid and Affects Real World advantages to it.

It should be noted that the Jamie Fox Electro in the current Spiderman movie has to wear an containment suit so he doesn't dissipate, and it looks familiar somehow...

Hmm... if all the powers are linked, can they also live in a Unified Power structure? The electrical damage can only affect the real world. No containment suit is necessary, as they have a MP of Electrical Powers outside this form. Basically he has to use his juice to take on the electrical form OR can use his main attacks (since they cannot be used while he's desolid).

Quick clarification:

When you say "not versus conductive," are you saying that conductive material will not pass through him and he will not pass through it?

If the answer is "he can go through a steel wall" and "you can throw a handful of bolts completely through him," then I think I would not chose that as a limitation.  I think I would take a physical limitation that represents whatever happens when exposed to such material--- stops in place; transported up to x inches against his will along the path of the conductive material, or even just "takes a metric butt load of damage."

The rest is a matter of taste.

1 hour ago, Duke Bushido said:

Quick clarification:

When you say "not versus conductive," are you saying that conductive material will not pass through him and he will not pass through it?

If the answer is "he can go through a steel wall" and "you can throw a handful of bolts completely through him," then I think I would not chose that as a limitation.  I think I would take a physical limitation that represents whatever happens when exposed to such material--- stops in place; transported up to x inches against his will along the path of the conductive material, or even just "takes a metric butt load of damage."

The rest is a matter of taste.

Makes sense. I'll keep that in mind. Mainly looking for ideas on where the limits end and such on the whole alternate form concept.