Portable closet (bag of holding like)

Colossus

3 hours ago, Christopher R Taylor said:

OK here's an example of why this matters more than a special effect, in my opinion.

The basic concept is this: a place that you can store things remotely and retrieve them immediately.  Whatever form this takes and whatever concept you have behind it, that's the core of the concept.  I put stuff in it, its gone.  I reach in and pull it out, I have it.

I have a spell in my fantasy hero campaign that does this very thing, called "Closet."  Its not very expensive, but its a useful utility thing.

I had clever player named Kieth who made a faerie character: tiny, weak, but could fly and highly magical.  Well that little impish bugger went around collecting every heavy thing that he could find and would fly over the battlefield pulling anvils and boulders out of the closet to drop on targets.  It was... highly effective.

In Hero terms, this is either a Blast or a Killing Attack with the special effect of "Heavy Object". Read Dimension Space and Object Creation again. It is considered illegal to use either power for an attack.

Or consider this.  You're captured, you're throw in a dark dungeon in the depths of Castle Bland.  The jailer makes his last parting mockery and walks away.  You open up your closet and pull out everything you need to escape and even heal yourself, including backup equipment.

Its magical luggage, its more than just "that's a neat idea" like this makes an object glow slightly blue, it has genuine tangible in-game effect beyond convenience.

Again, as long as it can't mimic another power, it is legal. Of course as the GM, you can always override such rules. The power IS not mandatory after all.

No, but the APG2 power Dimensional Space covers it perfectly and elegantly.

Yes it does. 

In Hero terms, this is either a Blast or a Killing Attack with the special effect of "Heavy Object".''

That seems like an overstrict interpretation of the rules.  Object creation cannot make a weapon but it can make heavy object that yuo can drop on top of people.  The magic doesn't vanish because you decided to use an object of opportunity as a weapon.