New Champions Complete Roll20 Bundle Project

On 12/28/2023 at 12:32 PM, Michael Hopcroft said:

Is there a format to export Hero Designer characters into Roll20? That would save an unbelievable amount of time.

There are two JSON exports. One of them works for the official Hero 6th ed sheet, the other works for the custom sheet with the cool Hero Themed colors.

I kept getting them confused.

However as I recall for the official one the process works something like the following steps.

Get "ImportHS6e" and read the linked files, including downloading the JSON export linked on Github.

For the official one

Export the character as the JSON.

Open the JSON as a txt file

Copy the body of the JSON to your clipboard

Open roll20 and make sure the API is running.
Open the character sheet and select edit

Under the GM only field paste the text.

Save the character

select the token linked ot the character sheet (not sure if this step is needed, but I do it)

Run the API code trigger "!i6e --debug"

• 3 months later...
On 4/5/2022 at 8:13 AM, ccastan said:

Honestly, Jkeown, only so far as Champions Complete and Hero System supports Fantasy Hero which is to say only "loosely". Hero Games is trying something new here, and if it goes well, we would like to propose to the powers that be following it up with a Fantasy HERO specific compendium like this project. We are early into this project still, so as we get further into it, we're optimistic that we will start having a discussion about what comes next. 

But, anyone interested in seeing a similar project for Fantasy Complete or Fantasy HERO, it's a good time to chime in and it may help with  deciding the next venture. 

Chiming in here for Fantasy Hero. I'd love to migrate my D&D groups over to any supported VTT platform. +1 if you can eke something out on Foundry as well.