New Villain: Nightfall (5th ed)

DShomshak

I wanted a major new villain for my latest Champions adventure, who for reasons of plot had to be an alien. Here's what I came up with. I liked him enough to make an illustration and then format it as a pdf, just to see if I could remember how to do it. Having gone that far, I might as well share the result. I hope you can find a use for Nightfall in your games. He's written for 5th edition because that's what my gaming group still uses.

Dean Shomshak

EDIT: This link deactivated. See below for the new link.

Nightfall-Corrected 5e.pdf

Edited by DShomshak
Updated file attachment.

Nightfall is calibrated as a foe for the PCs in my current campaign. For Galactic Champions, yeah, you'd boost the power level across the board.

I never heard of Diabolon before now, but I'm not surprised. It's rare to come up with a really new idea. We3'll just say that great minds think alike, eh?

Dean Shomshak

Not exactly alike. Diabolon is a "space demon", an alien from the planet Lucifer where everyone has cloven hooves, horns, and red skin. They also have natural mental powers.

He is actually ment for a "golden age space comic" campaign (think Buck Rodgers or Flash Gordon). Or more suspeficly a campaign where a space ranger type from that type of campaign falls onto a four color superhero dimension. Just that he and Nightfall share horns and are aliens.

Thanks. I haven't actually thought of Jet Justice for a long time. Jet Justice has a gun as a Variable Power Pool ("beams only", if he can define the power as shooting an energy beam of some kind, attack or not, then he can do it).

13 hours ago, Mr. R said:

Blot the Day: Change Environment 8” radius, -4 to Normal Sight PER Rolls, Long Lasting (1 Day, +20 pts) 0 Concentration (initial 0 DCV; -½), Extra Time (initial 1 Turn; -½)

UMMM... How is this affecting the whole planet?

Megascale.

Aaand... I see I forgot to type in that Advantage. Good catch, Mr. R. Corrected version posted soon.

(As my eyes get worse, writing on screen has become painful. Sometimes it's distracting.)

EDIT: Maybe not so soon. After I made the correction, re-saved the Word file and transferred the file to my laptop for conversion to a pdf, Microsoft Office no longer picks up the illustration and associated page formatting. Weird. I will continue working on the problem.

Dean Shomshak

De

On 7/17/2022 at 4:32 PM, Mr. R said:

Blot the Day: Change Environment 8” radius, -4 to Normal Sight PER Rolls, Long Lasting (1 Day, +20 pts) 0 Concentration (initial 0 DCV; -½), Extra Time (initial 1 Turn; -½)

UMMM... How is this affecting the whole planet?

Technically he doesn't have to affect the entire planet.  Only half of the planet is actually catching daylight after all. Beyond that area it is night.

Let's try that one more time, with the front page text blocks no longer overlapping...

Forum updates, and what I've done to update my laptop to accommodate, are making everything much more difficult that they used to be.

Maybe wait until tomorrow before downloading, to make sure no further corrections are needed. This is getting annoying.

Dean Shomshak

• 9 months later...