Designing a Drone

sturmrider

It should be noted, you normally can't buy both Physical Manifestation AND Focus together.

Well, RAW anyways. The Focus may represent the control/pilot box which can control the drone. Anyone who can steal the box can take over the control of the drone. If that is the case, I would allow it. Or use Limited Power to represent the box.

Thank you all for your feedback slowly, but surely I am getting a small handle on the building of this drone. It has been so long since I played Hero I have forgotten most of the rules on building things, but everyone here has been a great help. 

Thank you all I will see how the GM and player likes the new build. Take care.

The focus limitation could also represent that the drone can be shot down or grabbed out of the air.  It would be considered a personal focus because to use it requires the helmet.  So, someone who grabs the focus as it is flying by cannot use it but can prevent the character from using it.  Since the drone does not have telescopic sight or hearing it needs to stay fairly close to what it is observing, or the character will take range penalties.   

OAF - Drone would reflect all of those possibilities and would not require that the character be in possession of the helmet - the drone could transmit directly into the character's brain.

OIF - Helmet could be a Helm of Clairsentience leaving the perception point invulnerable.

Combining the two is sufficient, IMO,to justify the added -1/4 suggested in the RAW discussion of multiple foci.