CRUSADER REBORN!

Spideyguy

All,

I always liked Crusader from the old days of the BBB, and decided to bring him up to date for the new 350-point world. I even decided to give him a nice set of wheels for Christmas. I've posted the Hero Designer files, please let me know what you think. Thanks!

P.S. I don't think this is an invasion of intellectual property, but if I'm doing something wrong by posting this stuff, please let me know, and I'll remove it ASAP.

Re: Crusader

Originally posted by Spideyguy

Can't say that I have. I also just noticed that attaching his .hdc file in the second post didn't work, so I guess the third time is the charm.

I take it Underworld Enemies is an older Champions product?

Yes, it was a fourth edition supplement for Dark Champions. The write up for Crusader in it was designed for the street level genre - and was really well done. I've used it for my Crusader ever since. I don't think there isn't much in it that would need to be updated (I might expand his gadget pool a bit and tweak him) to make it compatible with Fred.

Speaking of the Dark Champions Crusader...

Anyone ever use Crusade?

I took the Batman parallels to the extreme and gave Crusader another sidekick, Squire.

Squire was the Nightwing, he had worked with Crusader for years and was just starting out on his own. Crusader began mentoring Crusade, and the two sidekicks didn't get along, when Crusade finally went over the edge, Squire went to track him down. The first fight was very one sided and Squire barely escaped with his life. It was a great run. The final fight included the powered armor character (I don't remember the name but it was the one connected with Crusader...)

Squire managed to defeat them both.

I never used Crusade, but I did use Sniper from the first edition Champions Universe, who had a similar relationship to Crusader.

When Sniper regained his memories of his assassin days the conflict with his vigilante hero persona drove him off the deep end in a manner similar to Crusade. He did end up killing Crusader, which drew our PC hero team to hunt him down. The challenge was that in regaining his memories Sniper also regained about 150 Char. Pts. worth of Experience from his many years as an assassin, making him a far more dangerous opponent.