Marvel earths

batguy

It hasn't even been released just yet.  The actual rulebook drops in a couple days, but right now it's the playtest rules only.

I'd be mildly tempted to check this out, but they're only doing hardcover and Kindle...and the Kindle price is only $4 less...and still $50.  

Is there some reason to think they've actually using specific Marvel Earths, other than probably 616?  

My point is, do they need to call out specific Earth versions?  There's fairly well known characters like Miles Morales and some of the alt-Thors...does one call out the specific characters, or the worlds?  The focus seems to be on the print version;  space is expensive now.  What's the best way to use it, when dealing with other worlds?  

A supplement might make sense.  Give some guidelines for designing your own alt-Earth, and show maybe both a reasonably well known one...then lay out a sample not linked to anything per se.  That might be a reasonable approach.

For anyone interested...the core rules book is now out.  Hardcopy and Kindle versions.

The Kindle version says 320 pages...and a file size of about 180 megabytes.  Pretty clearly, it's HEAVY on graphics.  Makes me worried how much rules content there'll be, but it sounds like they're doing full-page full-color illustrations to start each chapter, and those alone will be substantial.

I still find Kindle format somewhat odd;  the print version is only slightly larger than 8.5x11, but that's still too large to comfortably manage a full page on a Kindle.  I suppose it's not all that different from graphic novels on a Kindle...but those don't work very well either.  But they work in the Kindle app on my PC.

Looks like the print version is selling fairly well.

• 4 weeks later...