The Brain Trust

Jmonty

To me the Brain Trust are the epitome of a comic-book supervillain team, as they're an assemblage of diverse concepts which could coexist in no other genre. Another nice thing about them is that they can be used different ways, committing robberies or as hirelings of another villain group to gain funds, or following one of the Overbrain's more grandiose schemes.

I haven't used them extensively, and not as more than hirelings. But I would suggest that you raise Mr. Zombie's Strength into the 50-60 range. He's a little too light weight for his role as "team brick" compared to standard PCs. Maybe eliminate his Teeth and Nails Killing Attacks if you don't want his increased STR to boost them. I'd also recommend buying up his Running and/or Leaping to more than base level, so he can actually close with the opponents he's supposed to fight.

Thanks for the suggestions. The plot idea can be said (the adventure will be here once played) and is Ape-plus was captured and the Trust wants to free him while he's being transported to prison. In a train. With other convicts ("Con Air" but in a train).

In that case, I would imagine at least some of those prisoners should also be super-powered. Fitted with Stronghold power negators, but the Brain Trust could free some of them to add to the chaos and cover their retreat. Overbrain might even want to recruit one or more of them.

Edited by Lord Liaden

Since the Brain Trust is basically the Brotherhood of Evil with the serial numbers filed off, you can add a few of your tributes to various Doom Patrol villains (like the infamous Animal Minimal Veggie Man). You might even use some of the Doom Patrol heroes as villains on that same truck (Mechaniman, a basic robot body housing a human brain of a criminal, Neggous, and Miss Shape, among others as an example of disguise heroes).