How Would You Build: Octopus-like Shapeshifting

Alright, I hope this is the correct Forum. 

So I'm creating a creature from mythology for family game; basically a Scottish Kelpie or Irish púca or Welsh ceffyl dŵr. I know the Kelpie is in the 4th Ed Bestiary. But I'm looking at the mythology of the creatures. they are said to be horse like in appearance, but can 'resemble' seaweed, humans, goats or other creatures. So I've been thinking Shapeshift is not the ability I should use but rather really good disguise or maybe concealment. Something more like a mimic octopus, YouTube video below (If I did it right).

Ref: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wos8kouz810

If you want a character to just appear to be different things, like the octopus, its just flat out shapeshift, use touch for how its shaped (and thus appears to be formed as) and sight for the colors and believable in pattern etc.

Stretching allows a character to "ooze" through smaller openings, basically you can fit through any opening the size you can make yourself small enough to fit through:

for every doubling he has to halve something else (and vice-versa). For example, he could double his height, but would have to become half as wide or thick at the same time... a character’s ability to fit through small spaces when using Stretching is governed by his smallest dimension. For example, if he can reduce his height to one-eighth normal, he can be as little as 25 centimeters tall and can fit into openings as small as 25cm.

So basically you can fit through small openings by stretching to be longer, for example.  It takes 5 points to be able to do this, each 5 points a doubling you can stretch to. 

Shapeshifting allows you to shrink or grow your form slightly, so you might be able to use that to fit through something slightly smaller using that. 

Desolidification would work to allow you to fit through anything, stack on some limitations like how it doesn't protect from damage and cannot pass through solid objects and it works.

Edited by Christopher R Taylor

Yeah, it's at least a Shape Shift.  It might arguably be a multiform, if the inherent abilities change...but that's a lot more trouble and work.

The kelpie resembles seaweed...but it's still a kelpie.  It can reach out and grab you...that's not something seaweed can do.  And there are often clues, if you know what to look for...the reversed hooves is one example.  But it isn't a disguise, in that you can't look through it to see it's a kelpie.  You have to know the clues why it's not what it appears to be.