Your Favorite One Point Power

Guest Hunter1

how about Drain INT 2 pips (4 active), OAF Immobile Fragile (-2) Return Rate some insane amout up the time chart (+5), 1 charge, never recovers (-5)

Stupidification Beam

Along the same lines, you could do it for any of the characteristics. I'm just finder of getting those really brainy heroes cut down to my relative intellect.

It was more than one point, but Explozo the Clown's nose was pretty nasty; it was a character defining power that was always threatened to be used by the player.

Basically it was a single charge of a huge explosion that cost 10x end, and had no range, gestures and incantations. Explozo would burn so much end that he would put himself deep into the realm of GM's discresion even before taking the 25 or 30 dice of damage (that would likely take out all the other characters too). I think it was in a multipower ultra slot that cost 2 points.

This is the most abusive 1 real point power that I can think of, that can exist in real life:

Summon 64 point suicide bomber with nuclear bomb (Screwed up 15 year old kid). Weak willed –4 to ego rolls (+0.5) 19 active points.

The special effect of the summons is that instead of appearing out of nowhere, the mad scientist must actively recruit the suicide bomber and actually build the bomb in a lab for the bomber.

Limitations: OAF expendable (Needs plutonium and a willing suicide bomber) (-1.5) Immobile (-1) (secret science lab) One week to prepare (-4.5) 1charge (-2) recover per month (-1) requires science skill roll and persuasion skill roll (-0.75) side effect (-1) (acquires 60 points of hunteds and bad reputations after use of this power!)

Real cost 1.

Suicide bomber:

6 Str –4

8 Dex –6

6 Con –8

6 Body –8

10 Int 0

8 Ego –4

5 Pre –5

10 Com 0

1 PD 0

1 ED 0

2 Spd 2

2 Rec 0

12 End 0

12 Stun 0

-1†running –2

-2†swimming -2

Char cost –37

Powers:

Nuclear bomb

15d6 RKA area effect radius (+1) affects desolids (+0.5) megascale (+0.25) Active points 619

OAF bulky (bomb needs a van to move around) (-1.5) 1 charge (-2) No range (-0.5) 5 minute activation (-2) side effect (-2) (death to user) concentrate 0 DCV oblivious throughout activation time(-1.5) gestures oblivious throughout activation time (-0.75) Real cost 55

12d6 major transformation is linked to blast. This transform simulates fallout, radiation sickness, blinding flash, etc. area effect radius (+1) affects desolids (+0.5) megascale 2 levels(+0.5) Active points 540 same limitations as above except linked (-0.5) as well. Real cost 46.

Total powers cost 101.

Total net cost is 64.

The reason there is a 5 minute activation, concentration, and gestures (aside from the point savings) is that the mad scientist had a failsafe process installed so that the bomber won’t accidentally set off the bomb. The 5 minutes allows the scientist to cancel if he really doesn’t want to blow up Tel Aviv or Jerusalem, and the concentration and gestures represent that the bomber has to go through a precise series of steps to set off the bomb.

I guess I have to technically buy the van for the kid, but I didn’t bother. Vans are something common enough that points shouldn’t have to be paid. :)

Not bad for 1 real point. It would cost 3 real points if I couldn't use megascale. ;)