Thanks Steve Long and DOJ!

Originally posted by Lord Liaden

So don't leave us hanging - what the heck is "World Not Known" about? What's it for, what does it do? Details man, we need details!!

It's a superhero setting with a history containing superbeings for the entire stretch of human evolution. We're taking history and turning it on its head. Essentially, picture it as a "What If?" comic book, the story of which spans millions of years.

Now that sounds truly intriguing. I once participated in a lengthy discussion on the old boards on how the presence of superbeings might have affected the history of the world, and I'd love to see your take on it.

With Omlevex and hopefully Gestalt in the works as well, Champions players may have yet more worlds to explore. :)

Oh, one other thing I'll say at this point. Let's talk about the art. I did some recruiting and am bringing some indy comic artists on board for this project. It's turning out to be really fun so far because they know next to nothing about rpgs or the industry at large, so the rest of the Misfit team is enjoying giving them a crash course on the games and on how the industry operates. If their enjoyment of the process thus far is indicative of the passion they'll put into their work, TWNK will be a great looking book.

Aside from these guys, we also have on board a number of veteran artists, some of which should be very familiar to you HERO junkies. I haven't finalized details with them yet, so I don't want to drop names, but HERO fans will be glad to see that an artist familiar name has been approached to do the cover.

Ah, I'm like a kid in a candystore! :D

On another front, Bill Coffin has come back to the rpg industry as a Misfit. Before anyone familiar with his work with Palladium Books blows a gasket, he's not going to be writing but rather taking on the role of lead editor. He and I have talked about him writing something down the road (well, mainly it involves me begging and whining like a school girl), but nothing is set at this point. Still, Bill has been extremely helpful and is one of the people who was pushing me to stop dragging my feet and get things moving with Misfit, so we'll all have to forgive him his reluctance ... for now.

With the team we've assembled to work on this project, and now with the HERO system stirred into the mix, things are looking good.