Golden Age characters

Troll

A year ago I ran a Golden Age game set in the Marvel universe. I had a great time doing research on and creating charcters for obscure Marvel/Timley/Atlas characters. (Blazing Skull, Black Marvel, Blonde Phantomn, Vision, Rockman, Patriot, Red Raven, Thinman, Whizzer, Miss America, Blue Diamond, Jack Frost, etc.) The group, Freedom Force, was based in the states but did alot of traveling, Europe, Altantis, Asgard, Avalon, ancient Egypt. Members included Blackjack (martial artist/gadget guy), Phantom Menace (density control/invisibility) Malleus (brick), Avenging Angel (egoist), Pep (speedster), and Qunicy Risk (magic).

Has anyone else created Marvel/Timely/Atlas golden age characters? Of how about DC/National characters? JSA?

Is anyone else interested in golden age games?

Todd

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely. Golden Age is my favorite way to do Champions. Mostly I run rather than play, though, more's the pity. (Though last summer I did get to play in a GA villain game. That was a serious hoot! I played the Chinese criminal mastermind Yellow Tiger, with my beautiful daughter/lab assistant, my four shirtless minions and an endless variety Oriental super-machines. Hahahahahaaa!)

I've never written up any existing comic book characters, though. Much of my enjoyment as a GM comes from creating my own.

-AA

Re: Golden Age characters

Originally posted by Troll

A year ago I ran a Golden Age game set in the Marvel universe. I had a great time doing research on and creating charcters for obscure Marvel/Timley/Atlas characters. (Blazing Skull, Black Marvel, Blonde Phantomn, Vision, Rockman, Patriot, Red Raven, Thinman, Whizzer, Miss America, Blue Diamond, Jack Frost, etc.) The group, Freedom Force, was based in the states but did alot of traveling, Europe, Altantis, Asgard, Avalon, ancient Egypt. Members included Blackjack (martial artist/gadget guy), Phantom Menace (density control/invisibility) Malleus (brick), Avenging Angel (egoist), Pep (speedster), and Qunicy Risk (magic).

Has anyone else created Marvel/Timely/Atlas golden age characters? Of how about DC/National characters? JSA?

Is anyone else interested in golden age games?

Todd

:) We'd love to see the writeups for these characters - hint, hint. :)

Woohoo! Thanks Troll. You rock!!!

P.S. people. He's giving these to us for nothing. If you don't like his character design philosophy (and I haven't seen the characters yet) please keep it to yourself. I don't think I'm the only one who gets tired of people who criticize someone's work when it is given over to others out of generosity.