I .. I .. I'VE GONE MAD!!!

Steve Trustrum

Even if you don't run a game with them soon, you may still get ideas or inspiration from them. I have rpgs I've never even run or played in, but they have given me ideas. Maybe the books will get your creative juices anyway.

And maybe one of your friends will want to run a Star Hero campaign and may need to borrow your stuff.

Even if none of that happens, you can just read them anyway. If you enjoy reading them, your money was well spent.

Oh, I know they're great books. I love what I've read of them even just today. But it made my wallet look up at me, anger in its eyes, and say "dude, just what the hell do you think you're doing?" especially considering I bought some non-HERO books on top of it.

The thing that made me go buy them all at once was reading Steve Long's latest update on the main page. I've heard nothing but good things about the books so I was not happy to hear that sales weren't doing well. Of course, that made me think "okay, no more putting it off -- off I go to the FLGS to buy me a Star Hero stockpile!" :D

Originally posted by Steve Trustrum

The advantages of being in the industry. It makes all those instances of the girlfriend shouting "are you still at your computer writing those silly games" worth it. ;)

I get that from my wife when I'm proofreading Hero stuff, and I don't get to take it off my taxes.

Lucky, lucky bastage. :)

D

Originally posted by misterdeath

I don't get to take it off my taxes.

Ever ask your accountant if you can? If you're payed to do any gaming-related stuff, you'll likely be able to write off some of it, at least. I'm lucky in that my taxes are done by a friend who is a team manager at Revenue Canada (our version of the IRS), so he finds all this stuff out for me very easily. :)

Ever ask your accountant if you can? If you're payed to do any gaming-related stuff, you'll likely be able to write off some of it, at least. I'm lucky in that my taxes are done by a friend who is a team manager at Revenue Canada (our version of the IRS), so he finds all this stuff out for me very easily. :)

Ah, paid. Alas. No, I check books for the fun of the occasional mention in the front and out of the goodness of my heart.

D

Ah, paid. Alas. No, I check books for the fun of the occasional mention in the front and out of the goodness of my heart.

D

Ah. Well, keep in mind that Misfit Studios is going to be looking for such people to check out our WNK products sometime this year and we'd certainly welcome a playtester with experience, especially one familiar with the HERO system.

Ah. Well, keep in mind that Misfit Studios is going to be looking for such people to check out our WNK products sometime this year and we'd certainly welcome a playtester with experience, especially one familiar with the HERO system.

I'll keep that in mind.

Could be fun.

D

Tax Cheats R Us...

Originally posted by Monolith

So if DOJ pays us each $1.00 to playtest, we can write-off $500.00 of game books a year? :)

Hmmm. I wonder if that would work...

Of cource, DOJ would have to come up with some dollars, so I imagine the plan's shot down at the starting gate.

Maybe if we donated a dollar to DOJ, then they paid it back to us...

D

Re: Tax Cheats R Us...

Hmmm. I wonder if that would work...

Of cource, DOJ would have to come up with some dollars, so I imagine the plan's shot down at the starting gate.

Maybe if we donated a dollar to DOJ, then they paid it back to us...

Yeah, I can see it now: we send DOJ a check for $1.50 and they send us back a check for $1.00 (handling/postage fees). Then we write-off all our DOJ books for the year (20*25.00 = $500.00!). I think that will work. The IRS will never notice such a thing. :)