Any interest in WH40K Hero?

Jkeown

I know I would enjoy it.

I'm currently working (very very beginning stages) on a Star Hero adventure that is nothing but Combat Time action from beginning to end... a blood bath, shoot-em-up, "Aliens" type of thing. So seeing what you come up with would be interesting since 40k is moslty all combat oriented.

Re: Any interest in WH40K Hero?

Originally posted by Jkeown

I'm working on M41: A HERO System Resource for Warhammer 40,000 Roleplaying and I'm wondering if the page will be enjoyed outside my own gaming group...

Thoughts?

Please do it. For years I have filed Warhammer 40K roleplaying as "something I might get around to some day" but the workload of converting it to a roleplaying system always made it seem like too much work, given that I have so many of my own setting ideas to work on. If you make M41 available online I'd definitely be interested, and probably run at least a short campaign using it.

Originally posted by Peregrine

I echo: please?

I've always had an "Alien Invasion" scenario for Champions in the back of my mind that consisted of a Warpstorm-tossed Space Marine chapterhouse suddenly appearing in the middle of the Pacific Ocean...

That sounds like a pretty cool idea. I think the conversion would be interesting, but I don't think I would run a 40k rp game, just too dark for my personal taste. However, dropping an alien invasion in the modern world would be pretty cool. Unfortunataly this wouldn't fit in our current campaign, but definitaly something to keep in mind (heads off to make a few notes on 'future plans' scratch pad). So Mr. Fantabulistic, you soundly defeated the supervillain, how will you face against the Tyranid hive mind?

Originally posted by BlackSword

That sounds like a pretty cool idea. I think the conversion would be interesting, but I don't think I would run a 40k rp game, just too dark for my personal taste. However, dropping an alien invasion in the modern world would be pretty cool. Unfortunataly this wouldn't fit in our current campaign, but definitaly something to keep in mind (heads off to make a few notes on 'future plans' scratch pad). So Mr. Fantabulistic, you soundly defeated the supervillain, how will you face against the Tyranid hive mind?

You anticipate me.

I planned for the outcome of the scenario to be a stalemate, and the Space Marines keep to their Chapterhouse in the middle of the Pacific, waiting for the next Warpstorm to whisk them away.

Unfortunately, the next Warpstorm wasn't going to take the Marines away, it was going to deposit something else, something that the heroes would have to ally with the Marines to deal with.