ok here's my shot

Rope and grapple

+5 to Climbing skill (10 pts)

+1/2 Useable by other simultaneously

-1 OAF: Rope and Grapple

-1.5 1 Recoverable Charge

-.5 Extra Time: Full Phase

-.25 Gestures (Swing rope and grapple)

-.25 Requires a DEX roll (to set grapple)

3 REAL/15 ACTIVE - Rope and Grapple +5 to Climbing skill ADVANTAGES: Useable by other simultaneously(+0.5) LIMITATIONS: OAF: Rope and Grapple(-1), 1 Recoverable Charge(-1.5), Extra Time: Full Phase (Set Grapple)(-0.5), Gestures (Swing rope)(-0.25), Requires a DEX roll (to set grapple only, not each time)(-0.25)

I suppose you could add an Entangle that would simulate being able to tie someone up with the rope...any other thoughts?

Tim

The smallest skill level on which you can place a limitation would be a 3-pt. skill level, so I think you'd have to pay 15 pts. for +5 to climbing.

I don't think you need Usable by Others Simultaneously unless you have more than one rope. The lowest level of Usable by Other (+¼) is probably enough.

I wouldn't put 1 recoverable charge on the climbing aspect of the rope- since most of your climbing will be out of combat and you can immediately take the rope and use it again (without any real recovery time), I don't think it's an appropriate limitation.

Turn it into a multi-power if you want to add other powers. If you added an entangle to it, then the 1 recoverable charge might be appropriate (since you can only tie up one person at a time). If you can use it to pull an item or person to you, it could have a Stretching (to grab only) slot as well.

Originally posted by bjbrown

I don't think you need Usable by Others Simultaneously unless you have more than one rope.

Shouldn't it be Usable by Others Simultaneously because morethen one person can clime the rope at the same time? I would think that's how that would work.

I wouldn't put 1 recoverable charge on the climbing aspect of the rope- ... I don't think it's an appropriate limitation.

Do you need charge at all? If its a OAF can't anyone use it, or would you need to add the independent limitation to it (I think that that's the one where anyone can pick it up and use it.)

Turn it into a multi-power if you want to add other powers.

I too would put it into a Multi-Power, but I would also make the grapple a linked power.

Originally posted by Drakkenkin

Do you need charge at all? If its a OAF can't anyone use it, or would you need to add the independent limitation to it (I think that that's the one where anyone can pick it up and use it.)

That's what I meant, the Climbing Skill Levels wouldn't have the Charge limitation at all.

Whether the rope requires Usuable By Others at all depends largely on the GM. A universal focus allows any person holding that focus to use the power. If the character paying the points for the rope is, in most cases, going to use the rope himself, and only occasionally lend it out, then it doesn't need the Usable By Others Advantage. If it will be frequently lended, it may need Usable By Others. There is a question in the FAQ, under Focus, that discusses this issue.

Whether it would require Usable By Others, or Usable by Others Simultaneous, depends on the expected usage of the rope too. If the usual use will be one person climbing it, then I don't think it needs Simultaneous. A fifty foot rope could potetially support five or more people climing it at once, but I think it would be going too far to buy up to Simultaneous and four others. I think if the rope would usually just support one person in normal use, then I wouldn't require Simultaneous, but still allow two people to climb at once on rare occasions when it was absolutely necessary.

I assume there's a reason that the point values matter (e.g., a FH game using Super-Heroic rules, or point limits on the amount of equipment that can be carried).

Magic Rope

This rope can move people across its length at a rate of (10"/turn), it can also tie itself to an item and attempt to move it. This one is rated for 400 kilograms and is 16" (100 foot) long. When used to push or pull or as a weapon, it is rated at 20 STR, 10 STR when used for delicate work. The rope must have one end near the caster.

7----- 30 pt. Multipower Magic Rope- OAF -1, Independent -2

1u--- 5" Flight, Usuable on Others and Self +1 (400 kilograms total), At Limited Range (16") +1/4, No Ranged Penalities (+1/2)

1u--- 20 STR Telekensis, Limited Range (16")

1u--- 10 STR Telekensis, Fine Manipulation +2 (14-), Limited Range (16")

10 Real Points

I'm with archer and talon. You don't have to write up a backpack as a bonus to str only for carrying items, you don't have to write up clothing as resistance to cold. You don't have to write up rope unless it's a special rope or you have bizarre skills with rope use (lassoing, whip, macrame armor, etc).

I don't have the rule book with me, but I'm sure having proper equipment adds to the climbing roll as it is.

Ok, just for Drak... (the last one is the punchline) :D

200 Foot Rope

2" Stretching (x16 non-combat) 10+15 = 25 Active Points

-1 OAF

-1/2 Gestures throughout

-1 Lim: Limited to what a rope can do.

-2 Independent

4 Real Points

Flask of Oil

Add +1/2 Explosion, +1/4 Trigger to 1d6K flame-based attack {11}

-1/2 Extra Time - Extra Phase

-1/4 Range based on Strength

-1 OAF

4 Real Points

10 foot Pole

2" Stretching {10}

-1 OAF

-2 Independent

-1/2 Lim: It's a 10 foot Pole

2 Real Points

How do I see? My sword glows faintly with magic

(as per FRED for Flashlight)

3 Real Points

Luckily, this wasn't my good clothes...

Instant Change into Anything (as per FRED)

8 Real Points

Yes, I remembered that too...

25 VPP + 15 Control Cost

-1/2 (on Control Cost) Changes when the GM isn't looking

-1/2 (on Control Cost) Limit: Only things that I should have remembered

-1 (on Control Cost) Limit: Must be OAF

29 Real Points - PRICELESS!