Sephiroth

Mavnn

OK, so my Final Fantasy 7 game is progressing nicely. So I decided that it was time to stat up Mr. Bishinon himself, the guy with the bare chest, Sephiroth. The main reason for this is that I need some idea of what I'm scaling towards, so I can give everything else suitable levels of states.

In the rules I'm using, characters do not have to pay for the abilities materia grant them, but they do have to buy the Endurance Reserve to run them off, so that might explain some strangeness on the character sheet. Other than that, what do people think? Anything blatent I've missed? Any comments?

As far as power level goes, I've mainly gone from the fact that Sephiroth considers a lesser dragon an enemy beneath this contempt (who he dispatches with ease) in the first cut screen we see him in. So I decided I needed a write up would could easily defeat a lesser dragon from the besteriary, and defeat a greater dragon without too much difficulty. Despite his stats, I view him as more of a martial artist than a brick, so I have no problem with the fact that his attacks out weigh his defenses.

Michael

BTW - This is a first draft write up. I in no way guarantee points costs/totals are accurate in any way what-so-ever.

Sephiroth

Player: NPC

Val Char

50 STR

30 DEX

40 CON

25 BODY

23 INT

23 EGO

35 PRE

24 COM

21 PD Totals: 30/r14

21 ED Totals: 30/r14

8 SPD

18 REC

60 END

70 STUN

6" RUN 0

2" SWIM 0

2" LEAP 0

Cost Power

23 Mana Reserve: Endurance Reserve (200 END, 20 REC) Reserve: (20 Active Points) REC: (10 Active Points); Only While In Deep Sleep (-2)

30 Movement Multipower (30pt)

u3 Gravity Means Nothing to Me I: Leaping +30" (32"/64")

u3 Gravity Means Nothing to Me II: Flight 10", x8 NCM (10"/80")

u3 Reality Bends to My Will I: Teleport 15" (15"/30")

u3 Reality Bends to My Will II: Teleport 6", Megascale 1"=1,000km (Scaleable) +1 1/4, Safe Blind Teleport (+1/4)

5 Naturally Tough Skin: Damage Resistance 5/5

26 Masamune: Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 4d6 (6d6 w/STR) (vs. PD), Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2) (90 Active Points); OAF (-1), STR Min 20 (-1), Required Hands Two-Handed (-1/2)

6 Fast with a Sword: Missile Deflection (Bullets & Shrapnel) (15 Active Points); OAF (Focus (Big Sword); -1), Required Hands Two-Handed (-1/2)

Cost Skill

(Skills with 0 cost are 'Everyman' skills, that all characters get for free)

0 Acting 8-

3 AK: Midgar (INT-based) 14-

1 AK: City of the Ancients (INT-based) 8-

3 Breakfall 15-

0 Concealment 8-

3 Conversation 16-

3 Deduction 14-

3 KS: Mako Creatures 14-

3 KS: Ancient Knowledge (INT-based) 14-

3 KS: Strategy 14-

3 Oratory 16-

3 Paramedics 14-

3 Persuasion 16-

0 PS: Soldier 11-

3 Seduction 16-

0 Shadowing 8-

3 Tactics 14-

3 Teamwork 14-

0 TF: Custom Adder, Small Motorized Ground Vehicles [Notes: Custom Mod is Everyman Skill]

32 CSL: +4 w/Combat

12 CSL: +4 w/Swordsmanship

10 CSL: +5 w/Missile Deflection

20 CSL: +8 w/Materia, Only to Increase Effect (-1)

Martial Arts

Cost Martial Arts Maneuver

Soldier Swordsmanship

4 1) Block: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +2 DCV, Block, Abort

4 2) Disarm: 1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, +1 DCV, Disarm; 60 STR to Disarm roll

4 3) Dodge: 1/2 Phase, -- OCV, +5 DCV, Dodge, Affects All Attacks, Abort

5 4) Lunge: 1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, -2 DCV, +2 DC Strike (6 1/2d6K)

5 5) Slash: 1/2 Phase, -2 OCV, +1 DCV, +2 DC Strike (6 1/2d6K)

4 6) Slice: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +2 DCV, +1 DC Strike (6d6+1K)

5 7) Stab: 1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, +3 DCV, Strike (6d6K)

Martial Arts Cost: 34

Cost Talent

18 Combat Luck (9 PD/9 ED)

Total Character Cost: 570 pts.

Pts. Disadvantage

25 Hunted: Hojo 11- (Mo Pow; Harshly Punish; Extensive Non-Combat Influence)

15 Hunted: Unknown 8- (Mo Pow; Harshly Punish)

Example Materia:

Firaga, Icaga: 16d6 EB (20d6 w/dedicated CSLs), 24 END

Curaga: 8d6 Heal, 24 END

Ultima: 20d6 EB, Area of Effect: Radius, Selective, 30 END

Barrier: 50% Resistant Physical Damage Reduction, 6 END/Phase, Takes an attack option action to activate (choose END to be spent at the time)

Shield: 50% Resistant Energy Damage Reduction, 6 END/Phase, Takes an attack option action to activate (choose END to be spent at the time)

Yeah, I was aware of the 'Surbrook' version (although I think that particular write-up is by Max Firth sp?). I wanted a slightly more powerful version for my own game, however, and one who used my house rules (buying a mana reserve for materia, etc). I wanted a version to whom dragons really are just a minor irritation :).

Hmmm... both the stretching and the jenova mind control are good calls. The stretching I'll probably stick in, the mind control will be slightly different from the video game version - different plot and all - but should be there.

I should probably stick desolid on there as well...

Michael

Originally posted by Victim

His Leaping doesn't include the inches from STR. Also, I'm not sure if his hunteds were really more powerful.

I think he's using it to represent the size of the groups after him. A billion 50 pt agents should slow down Superman for a long while... especially if they have tactics 11- and teamwork 14-

Yeah, Hojo's not individually more powerful than Sephiroth, but he can call upon the resources of Shinra - along with his 'experiments'. The unknown hunter really is more powerful than Sephiroth, and is the same unknown hunter as on Nemo (the PC's character sheet). He will remain unknown for the moment for plot reasons :).

...not to mention the fact that I haven't given him a name yet...

Good catch on the leaping distances, though.

Michael