I was wondering......

Badger

Uhh no lemming I remember that guy and .....no.

:P

But now that you mentioned him, he could make a good diversion/decoy for the real Samedi.

But actually my plan fro him is to be a sort of dealer-under-the table. Having his hands in organized crime in the area, etc. Also possibly setting up temporary alliances with other villain groups when it would suit his purposes. Also I was wondering would some loyal followers like disciples of a Death cult that may worship him. i was thinking could maybe they kind of be a few of them roaming about as slavishly loyal followers be proper for him to have.

Just thought I'd inject this...

Like the Greek deities, the Voodoo Loa (or "Lwa") are generally neither good nor evil. They are just super-powerful beings with their own agenda. Regarding them as evil is like hating the rain. Baron Samedi, while the most notorious "party crasher" at ritual possessions (people seeking to be possessed by other Loa often find themselves possessed by Samedi instead), the Baron of Saturday is generally regarded as the Christ figure of Voodoo (hero fighting for humanity who returns from the dead). Not that he wouldn't make a great NPC that the heroes occassionally have to fight, but when they do they should understand that something is really, really wrong. Also he should appear through possessing people.

Originally posted by Supreme

Baron Samedi, while the most notorious "party crasher" at ritual possessions ...

Some other points:

- The Bawon is extremely lewd and sexual

- He is always hungry (because death is ravenous)

- He wears sunglasses with one lens removed. That's because his two eyes do different things: one watches the entire universe and the other guards his food.

- The Bawon is also the last hope for extremely sick children, if he can be persuaded that a child shouldn't die.

- He's the head of an entire group (nanchon, or nation) of death spirits called Gedes who include Bawon Lakwa, Bawon Cemetaire, Bawon Criminel, Bawon Zonbi, and others.