The Blues brothers

Patriot

well there basically normals with superhuman levels of Combat driving and Persuasion skills add luck and possibly some change environment to simulate there ability to cause opponants to trip and fall or drive off the road into buildings. they also get damage reduction and armour all no concious control and onlywhile serving gdos purpose.

oh and of course the musical power set which should turn evryone in the immediate vacinity into a proffesional a singer and dancer who knows the words and knows exactly where everyone else is so they can keep perfect choreography

got ta dance: Mind Control 8d6 ( Human class of minds), Cumulative (+1/2), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Continuous (+1), Invisible Power Effects (Fully Invisible; +1), Area Of Effect (64" Radius; +1 1/2) (220 Active Points); No Conscious Control (-2), Extra Time (1 Turn (Post-Segment 12), Only to Activate, -3/4), Mandatory Effect EGO +20 (Must Always Achieve [Particular Effect]; -3/4), Only When Serving The God's Purposes (-1/2), Set Effect (gotta dance; -1/2), Does Not Provide Mental Awareness (-1/4)

music everywhere: Hearing Group Images Increased Size (64" radius; +1 1/2), +/-5 to PER Rolls, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (30 Active Points); No Conscious Control (-2), Only When Serving The God's Purposes (-1/2), Linked (got ta dance; -1/2)

+10 with any three related Skills, Usable Simultaneously (up to 128 people at once; +2) (90 Active Points); No Conscious Control (-2), Only When Serving The God's Purposes (-1/2), Linked (got ta dance; -1/2)

everyone knows there places: Mind Link , Human class of minds, Specific Group of Minds, Number of Minds (x64), Psychic Bond (45 Active Points); No Conscious Control (-2), Only With Others Who Have Mind Link (-1), Only When Serving The God's Purposes (-1/2), Linked (got ta dance; -1/2)

correct song and dance routine: Detect A Class Of Things 11- (Unusual Group), Usable Simultaneously (up to 64 people at once; +1 3/4) (14 Active Points); No Conscious Control (-2), Only When Serving The God's Purposes (-1/2)

musician: PS, Usable Simultaneously (up to 64 people at once; +1 3/4) (16 Active Points); No Conscious Control (-2), Linked (got ta dance; -1/2), Only When Serving The God's Purposes (-1/2) 14-

dancer: PS, Usable Simultaneously (up to 64 people at once; +1 3/4) (16 Active Points); No Conscious Control (-2), Linked (got ta dance; -1/2), Only When Serving The God's Purposes (-1/2) 14-

I'd give Elwood a Gadgeteering skill and a VPP based on an OAF "Battered Briefcase", based on him always having the right tool for the job at hand (including a harmonica :) ). I'd also figure out a 75% Damage Reduction, UBO, Only Applies To The Vehicle He's Driving to reflect the unbelievable abuse inflicted on the Bluesmobile. And a monsterous Combat Driving and CK: Chicago roll.

Joliet Jake would have PRE bonus vs. People he has met before (he seemed to be able to convince people from his past to do anything ie the band, Carrie Fisher) and a huge Persuasion skill.

Disads would be easy: Psych Lim: Mission From God, Hunted by Illinois Law Enforcement, Illinois Nazi Party, the Good Ole Boys. Social Lim: Ex Cons (Elwood mentions prison food when speaking with Matt 'Guitar' Murphy, so its safe to assume he's done time.)

Do Donald Duck Dunn, Matt Guitar Murphy, Blue Lou, and Mr. Fabulous qualify as NPCs or Followers?

(I'm frightened that I remember those names).

The Good Ole Boys might also be a "rival".

The Bluesmobile was basically a cop car, so there's probably one in the Vehicle book already.

Originally posted by Blue

The Good Ole Boys might also be a "rival".

Well... they also did have a pretty motivated desire to kick their asses, as well. I'd make them a Hunted. Really, I think the Blues Brothers have no rivals, and if they do, they're certainly classified as "Rival is in an inferior position."

The Bluesmobile was basically a cop car, so there's probably one in the Vehicle book already.

Without the SCMODS, of course.

I'd also give Elwood Rapid for his Normal Sight. Who else would bother to take in trivial details while driving through the interior of a shopping mall?

"New Oldsmobiles are out early this year."

Actually, they were repeatedly breaking the laws of physics with the car, which itself has to be purchased specially. Elwood parked it in a special place (see the DVD) and that gave it supernatural powers, which is how it was able to do some pretty unnatural stunts near the end, including keep driving when it was down to 0 BODY. :)

Originally posted by Mutant for Hire

Actually, they were repeatedly breaking the laws of physics with the car, which itself has to be purchased specially. Elwood parked it in a special place (see the DVD) and that gave it supernatural powers, which is how it was able to do some pretty unnatural stunts near the end, including keep driving when it was down to 0 BODY. :)

Thanks for reminding me...now I have to watch the DVD :)