Random Character Generator (and more)

nyakki

For those who tried the Fantasy Character Generator and found that it was down... well, it's up again.

I was told that it was a target of something that looked like a Denial Of Service (my server doesn't know what exactly happened but asked if I could take it down for a bit. Just got the go ahead to put it back up)

For those who had no idea... never mind.

About 3/4 finished with Hero Helper 2.0 and wanted to know if anyone would want me to put in a "Magic Maker".

Ideas I've had (nothing made yet so suggestions are welcome)

1) Make it 'random'. You enter the Active Points or Real Points and it generates something (weapon, potion, etc)

2) Random History. Instead of making the item, it generates a 'history' for the item. Controls might be something like you put in the type of item and it makes the history.

3) Spreadsheet. You make files of common limitations/advantages and it gives a simple layout of how much something will cost pointwise.

4) Any, all or none of the above.

Comments anyone?

nyakki

Originally posted by Traxx

How about having the option of having the output in Hero Designer XML format....that way we could load it up with HD and modify from there.

So have the item randomized but then have it exported to Hero Designer for tweaking?

Good Idea. Right now I'm working on a export filter from HD to load characters into Hero Helper for the Phase Tracker portion (it keeps track of the phases).

The XML format is a little more invovled. I'm working on a Random Character Generator that outputs into HD format for tweaking purposes. I guess having a magic wand would be about the same...

Or even better have them where you vcan set the CR or ER when they are made.

So I could go... I need a 75 +75 character that has a Combat Ratting between 55 and 70. Whala

That's going to be in the Random Character Generation part. The Combat Rating probably won't work because everyone has a different idea for their ratings. But having a maximum Damage and Defense setting is definately in.

And I'm glad you like the site. I've been neglecting it a bit and there is sooooooo much I want to do but never seem to find the time.

nyakki