I dont know if im supose to be here

Guest Hell_spawnEod

Guest Hell_spawnEod

i know nothing about this stuff. I think i shouldt come here because i dont know anything about fantasy story slang and what the slang means..

Guest joen00b

Well, Spawn, there is alot of jargon in these parts, it's because this board is dedicated to the Role Playing Game: Hero. Many of the things in here will be directed towards advancing the game genre, expanding on themes, and even hashing out ideas. The game system is very universal and very intricate. I'm sure many others are like me and love to find new and interesting ways of accomplishing things without raping the rules too much.

For ideas for fantasy genre, you are kind of in the right place. There are alot of ideas floating around here from many brilliant people. There are also great seeds for ideas that people will take in a thousand different directions.

But in all, these boards are supplied and used for the healthy advancement of gaming ideas in the Hero System.

Just stay away from the NGD boards. Daily fracas' occur and they get pretty ugly.

Eod, every hobby has its "insider" slang, and nobody knows it all at the start. What you have on these boards, though, is a large community of knowledgeable and helpful people who are always willing to answer newcomers' questions. Anything you don't understand - on any subject discussed - don't hesitate to ask for clarification. You'll probably get several of us rushing at the same time to answer your question and display our expertise. ;)

Re: I dont know if im supose to be here

Originally posted by Hell_spawnEod

i know nothing about this stuff. I think i shouldt come here because i dont know anything about fantasy story slang and what the slang means..

Best way to learn the slang of fantasy roleplaying games and stories, is to start reading Eod. Why not start with "The Hobbit," By J.R.R. Tolkien? It's a good read for people your age. :)

Also, you might like "The Chronicles of Narnia" by C.S. Lewis. Though, the Chronicles might be written for people a little younger then you.