I Need Monsters!

coach

Hey all, I'm running a wild fantasy hero campaign. Started at very low level, 75 points, but the players are working their way up. It is kind of a D&D port, but different.

So, I have the Hero Bestiary, but it is really lacking in a significant number of good FH monster. It has a few, but nothing really different and interesting. And not a lot.

So, I am wondering if anyone knows of any Hero System monster resources. I would sure appreciate any tips. I am converting some of the D&D monster over, but that takes a long time.

Thanks!

James

Originally posted by Blue Jogger

All of these are done by Hierax or Surbrook. I give no credit except using the built-in search function to find them hidden in the discussion boards.

Surbrook's Stuff (which has some AD&D monsters converted)

http://www.devermore.net/surbrook/adaptionscreatures/creatures.html

And Feng Shui, and Call of Cthulhu, and GURPS, and... :)

Ok, here's one of mine, it's completely ripped off of AD&D Giant Bees.

Stats should be chosen from a monster of compatible strength.

Giant Star Pixies

Looking like 6 to 7 foot tall humanoid cross between a bee and a pixie. The male drones are constantly searching for blood, water and nectar to bring back to the Starhive and do not normally talk. Occasionally, a Queen will leave the Starhive to build another one. She is intelligent and will happy try to decieve the party with lies that are hard to confirm.

Super Senses: Infrared Vision, Ultraviolet Vision, Bump of Direction

Underpowered Wings: +5" Superleap

Male Drone Sting Attack: 2D6 AP HKA w/STR, 4D6 Drain BODY and STUN, +1 Return Rate (5 pts per hour), -1/2 Drain only works if HKA does body, -0 Only vs. Blood-based lifeforms.

Queen abilities:

Flutter, +4 DCV, By fluttering her wings, she gains an amazing ability to dodge and weave

Beguile, 8D6 Mind Control @ 0 END, Only to tell convincing lies.

Mind Link w/Male Drones under her command

Originally posted by Outsider

Do you want actual write ups, or just ideas for something different to throw at your players?

I am looking for actual write-ups to save me the hassle of doing so. I will also eventually post my own write ups of various monsters.

Thanks to everyone for the input! I did not even know that MMM was out. I will pick that up ASAP!

Guest joen00b

I'm a big fan of undead, I go see all the Zombie movies, etc, and because of such, undead come through in my games. Zombies, Skeletons, and a whole assortment of lower level undead.

Ya just can't go wrong with a good old Zombie feeding frenzy scenario, ya know what I mean?