Critique power please

JmOz

Okay, I was doing something I should not have...I was reading rpg.net...

On this thread (a typical Hero Bashing) poster was talking about how you can not do Body Posesion in hero, and in truth I dislike Steve's way of doing it, so I got to work, reasoning from effect:

Basicaly it is a Mind Control, with the character himself leaving the field of battle, but still being able to preceive the world:

So:

Mind Control: XXd6, Transdmensional, TP Commands, 1/2 End to maintain, Side Effect:minor

Clairsentience: Sight, Touch, Hearing, Smell/Taste, One dimension, only through others senses, linked, blackout

EDM: One dimension, Linked

One problem I am still having is that the character should be able to wake up if KO'd, essentialy using the possesers Stun/End, also most agility/Combat skills should be usuable by others, mind control needs to include a limitation on not being allowed to use the Agility/Combat skills of the possesed

thoughts?

My main problem right now is how to share stun, a character who is being co

Re: Critique power please

-1/4 Feedback (from Duplication) character shares STUN taken by the possessed body.

For that matter, you might be able to build it with duplication instead of mind control (+1 altered duplicate to copy the target, useable as attack, -1/4 feedback, costs END so it turns off if you're KO'd, side effects XDM to somewhere only mental powers work so a mentalist could fight back)

For that matter, you might be able to build it with duplication instead of mind control (+1 altered duplicate to copy the target, useable as attack, -1/4 feedback, costs END so it turns off if you're KO'd, side effects XDM to somewhere only mental powers work so a mentalist could fight back)

This should still leave your opponent around, now facing off versus a duplicate that matches his/her powers up to the points available to that duplicate.

Mind Control: XXd6, Transdmensional, TP Commands, 1/2 End to maintain, Side Effect:minor

Clairsentience: Sight, Touch, Hearing, Smell/Taste, One dimension, only through others senses, linked, blackout

I think that the EDM should be triggered to return the character back to his/her home dimension if the Mind Control breaks or s/he is rendered unconscious. Bottom line for this power is a certain amount of flexibility from the GM. Personally I think I'd likely require such a power to be built with the character being knocked out if their host body was. That and considering carefully how they could be targetted for attack by other characters while possessing another's body--affects desolid, ego based attacks etc?

Basicaly it is a Mind Control, with the character himself leaving the field of battle, but still being able to preceive the world

I'd restate the 2nd half of that. I think it's more accurate to say that the character stays in the field of battle but is immune to most attacks and cannot be perceived by most senses. Using Extra Dimensional Movement is a good idea -- but there's a lot of benefit for the relatively low cost.

I think I'm more inclined to say that Desolid + Mind Control with the Affects Physical World (+2) advantage + Invisibility might be a more fair implementation--though a heck of a lot more expensive. This power though is hugely effective though unless someone has an appropriate countermeasure, and eliminates a lot of the risk mentallists have of getting beaten up in a fight. In my opinion it should be very expensive.

The side effect on mind control is that if the target of the Mind Control is KO'd (-10 Stun) he is automaticaly XDM back to the same dimension. I am also working on something that says essetnialy the last XX of stun is the characters, also all Ego Blasts should effect the main character not the host

On this thread (a typical Hero Bashing) poster was talking about how you can not do Body Posesion in hero, and in truth I dislike Steve's way of doing it, so I got to work, reasoning from effect:

Basicaly it is a Mind Control, with the character himself leaving the field of battle, but still being able to preceive the world:

So:

One problem I am still having is that the character should be able to wake up if KO'd, essentialy using the possesers Stun/End, also most agility/Combat skills should be usuable by others, mind control needs to include a limitation on not being allowed to use the Agility/Combat skills of the possesed

thoughts?

My main problem right now is how to share stun, a character who is being co

Excellent. For sharing damage, I'd either make it a limitation on the Mind Control, or a Susceptibility (when subject of possession takes damage).

OK, just to throw out another possibility (and let's make it complicated!), what about EDM Usable Against Others coupled with a VPP only for Multiforms.

MECHANIC:PossessorLad sends Brick to another plane where he is only able to see what's happening in his own body, not act upon it. PossessorLad muiltiforms into Brick.

EFFECT: PossessorLad disappears, moving wi9thin Brick from whence he exerts full control over him.

This seems to cover Jericho of the Titans quite nicely. If the opponent is too powerful to fit the Multiform, either the character can't access some of the possessed victim's powers, or this character is immune to possession (as everyone seems to be if it's important to the plot...)

Actually, rpg.net is okay-- for non-HERO discussions. Similarly, I don't expect to get deep Ravenloft discussions there when I have wizards.com's boards and suchlike.