Please Help with Mutant Tentacle Guy

Demonsong

A mutant, completely human but has 3 long tentacles. Now here is the problem I want the tentacles to be able to attack (or take an other action) regardless of what the rest of the body is doing. So even if the character takes a full phase run or he attacks with his giant 2 handed sword, his 3 long tentacles can still attack (as a Autofire X3), or grab someone or something or parry or what ever.

Am I making sence at all?

I really can’t see a good way to do it. I was thinking about bending the rules a bit and just buying double his normal speed and have him take two actions per phase. Say buy a speed of 8 with the limitation of –1/4 (or -1/2) only with tentacles on 4 points of the speed. And then just have him act as if his speed was 4 and just take two actions each phase.

But is feels clunky and I was hoping one of the Hero Masters here could come up with a better way to do it.

Thanks

Demonsong

Re: Please Help with Mutant Tentacle Guy

My first thought was to use Duplication, but reading your idea about using double SPD reminded me of a mentalist I wrote up a while back. The idea was that he has just a strong and agile mind that he could separate mind from body, allowing each to take seperate actions on his Phases. I bought it as increased SPD with a -1/2 Limitaiton. His body acted on his DEX and his mind acted seperaely on his EGO on each of his Phases.

Of course, if the tenticals can be attacked seperately....Duplication might be more appriate. I wouldn't be sure how to write them up seperately though. You'd probably want the Feedback Limitation and make the Dup identical to your character, but with the addition of he tenticals (or the other way around).