Coordinated attack bonus

Whitewings

I have a character whose power is that she can turn into animals, changing her shape but not her mass. When she changes into animals smaller than herself, she becomes multiple animals, but she's still a single mind distributed over many bodies. My question is this: If she were to turn into, for example, a majesty of golden eagles and attack someone with all of her bodies, would she get a coordinated attack bonus?

Re: Coordinated attack bonus

If the "multiple bodies" thing is just a special effect of your transformation, then no. If you used duplication and really split into multiple beings and both engaged the same enemy then yes, quite possibly.

You could of course take Combat Skill Levels and define them as "bonus from being multiple attackers".

If the "multiple bodies" thing is just a special effect of your transformation, then no. If you used duplication and really split into multiple beings and both engaged the same enemy then yes, quite possibly.

You could of course take Combat Skill Levels and define them as "bonus from being multiple attackers".

In general, I wouldn't. In essence it is just one creature attacking but from mulitple angles. She has just one mind, just many "limbs" that don't happen to be attached to one another. It like someone with Extra Limbs trying to get a Coordinated Attack bonus.

Isn't the physics of the 'multiple attack bonus' based on the idea that multiple simultaneous attacks from different angles are kinda hard to dodge all at once?

With that in mind, buying CSLs and defining the special effect as "swarm attack" would seem to be the ideal compromise between 'not letting her get a benny she hasn't paid points for' and 'keeping the special effect special'.

Isn't the physics of the 'multiple attack bonus' based on the idea that multiple simultaneous attacks from different angles are kinda hard to dodge all at once?

With that in mind, buying CSLs and defining the special effect as "swarm attack" would seem to be the ideal compromise between 'not letting her get a benny she hasn't paid points for' and 'keeping the special effect special'.

Well, looking at it purely like that then extra limbs should get a multiple attacker bonus, since they would be many attacks coming at you all at once.

Well' date=' looking at it purely like that then extra limbs should get a multiple attacker bonus, since they would be many attacks coming at you all at once.[/quote']

Maybe, but every limb would have to make its DEX check or Teamwork check. :winkgrin:

Plus, for them to do seperate damage, they'd have to all have computer brains.

Anyway, it says right in FREd that while Extra Limbs have no direct effect on combat, you should buy CSL's to simulate your ability to fight more effectively with them. Improved Accuracy and PSL's vs. Sweep come to mind for me...

Nexus -- which is why paying for the CSLs' date=' as if they were any other CSLs, and defining their [i']special effect[/i] as etc... is the reasonable compromise.

Didn't I just say that?

Um, I don't think we're actually arguing here. I don't think they effect should be given for free either.