Preistly "Domains" Help, Please

Enforcer84

Re: Preistly "Domains" Help, Please

What do you think of this one?

Cray

Woren God of Kings, Ruler of the Earth, The Uniter, Betrothed of Eleena of the Wyndian.

Relatively young for a "god of kings" but Cray has been given the leadership of the Woren faction of the Pantheon of Atheria. He is wise and patient as he is powerful. Weilding a great club in battle, he is considered the foremost diplomat of the Woren.

His domains are War, Earth, Diplomacy and Rulership.

A priest of Cray would recieves the following blessings/Teachings

+1 to Oratory Skill (2pts)

Bureaucracy (3pts)

High Society (3pts)

Persuasion (3pts)

+1 w/Clubs (3pts)

+5 STR (training) (5pts)

-1"KB (Earth Command) (2pts)

+5 PRE for dealing with Wyndian Peoples or Earth Based Beings. (2pts)

23pts.

in addition to their priest job package.

What do you think of this one?

I think it's pretty darn neat, is what I think! :)

That's nicely done, and sums up the basics of the god in a nice little package. We only get a few bits of personality (wise, patient, good diplomat) and together with bits of physical description (rather young for his position, wields a club) you can start to form a mental image of him and get a "feel" for what he's like almost at once.

Good job!

Here's Another:

Ray Dracokin; the Light in the Darkness; one of the Redeemed Trinity. Foresaker of evil and keeper of oaths. Ray's favored weapon is the mace. He spent his life doing good deeds for a false relegion. Unable to bring himself to oppose the church that had raised him; he sacrificed his life so that Ryu would succeed in his second quest.

Ray's Domains are Light, Good, Oaths, and Mercy.

Light: Images: (Sight) +1 to PER. Only to create Light (6pts)

Good: Smite Evil : HKA 1d6 (1 1/2d6 w/STR) (15 Active Points); OIF (weapons of opportunity; -1/2), Limited Power Only against Evil Opponents (-1/2) (8pts)

Oaths: +1 Overall Level; only when keeping word of honor (-1 1/2) (4pts)

Mercy: +2 To pull Punch (4pts)

Nina Highwing, Goddess of Magic, Lady of the Dragonlands, Princess Bride to Ryu.

The original heroine of the game. Wields a sword and a staff, emphasis on magic.

She has domains of Magic, Royalty, Wyndians, and Love (awww)

Love: +10 PRE only for "Positive" effects (-1) (ie convincing parents to let their child marry for love etc.);+3 Persuasion (6)

Royalty: High Society +2; +5 PRE (7)

Magic: +4 to magic roll (4); + 10 pts worth of magic

Wyndians: +3 with flight (6)

Man, you guys are religious over-achievers....I've got all of ten gods, with room left over for some minor ones that I may need later.

I derive most of my religious intrigue not from the followers of one god working against the followers of another, but from schools of thought within the religion. One area of the world worships all the gods of one pantheon equally, with all sharing temples. Another area worships all gods equally, but with separate temples. Another area has seen the rise of one cult to power, and all other gods are seen as subservient, or not even true gods at all, but more like saints and angels.

Then, too, there's the savage pantheon, which is seen by civilized folk only in its most bloodthirsty aspect. The so-called savages know, however, that Farga is not only the god of death, but also of mercy, and Grett is the god of all tools, not just weapons.