STONELOCK- Character For Review

Demonsong

STONELOCK- Character For Review

Hi, Would love all comments good or bad. There is one rule……You're not allowed to say any thing BAD…….with out explaining why you don’t like it. ;)

I am not 2 sure about the last 2 slots on the multi-power?

Thanks

Allis: Stonelock

Human** Stone** STAT.** BASE** COST

10** 70** STR** 10** 48

10** 17** DEX** 10** 17

10** 24** CON** 10** 22

10** 23** BODY** 10** 21

15** 15** INT** 10** 5

17** 17** EGO** 10** 14

10** 20** PRE** 10** 8

10** 12** COM** 10** 1

2*** 15** PD** 2/14** 1

2*** 15** ED** 2/5** 8

2*** 5*** SPD** 2/2.7** 18

4*** 15** REC** 2/19** +6

20** 48** END** 20/48** 0

20** 70** STUN** 20/70** 0

TOTAL: 157

Stone Form -1/4 OIHID

COST: SKILLS: ROLL:

3 Deduction 12-

1 Tactics 8-

1 KS: Supers 8-

3 Cryptography 12-

2 PS: Doctor of Linguistic Science 11-

3 Linguists X

0 Language: English Native

1 Language: Greek Fluent

1 Language: Cantonese Fluent

1 Language: Ancient Egyptian Fluent

1 Language: Italian Fluent

1 Language: Spanish Fluent

1 Language: French Fluent

1 Language: Japanese Fluent

1 Language: German Fluent

8 OCV +4 w/ Punch X

VAL: Disadvantages:

15 Psychological Limitation: Always keeps his word of honor

10 Psychological Limitation: Not at ease around women, gets tongue-tied

10 Psychological Limitation: Looks after groups/friends safety before his own

10 Psychological Limitation: The ends can justify the means

5 Psychological Limitation: Dislikes using Internal Teleport Punch

0 Psychological Limitation: Afraid of getting stuck in one form or the other, and changing forms often

15 Susceptibility 3D6: When changing form, in to or out of stone form

10 Accidental Change: In to stone form 11-, if severally wounded or VERY angry or frustrated in humamform

15 Secret ID: Jayson Locke, Doctor of Linguistic Science, Collage Lecturer, and Author

15 Hunted: Viper 8-, More powerful; Want to kill

10 Distinctive Features: 7 foot tall, 1500 lb, gray skinned, stone man (Only in Stone form)

5 Physical Limitation: 7 foot tall, 1500 lb, gray skinned, stone man (Only in Stone form)

20 Vulnerability to Sonic Attack; X2 Body (Only in Stone form)

ACTIVE END

COST: POWERS:

56 Stone Body: Armor 30PDr 30EDr; -1/4 OIHID; -1/4 Visible: Hard Gray Stone Skin that grinds softy with movement and smells pleasantly musty, like an old moss covered statue; +1/4 Hardened (Pen them AP)

8 Heavy Stone Body: Knock Back Resistance -5; -1/4 OIHID

8 Resistant Stone Body: Power Defense 10 Points; -1/4 OIHID

4 Resistant Stone Body: Flash Defense: Sound 5 Points; -1/4 OIHID

4 Resistant Stone Body: Flash Defense: Sight 5 Points; -1/4 OIHID

4 Resistant Stone Body: Lack of Weakness 5 Points; -1/4 OIHID

7 Resistant Stone Body: Safe Environment: Cold, Hot, Radiation, Vacuum, High Pressure; -1/4 OIHID

12 Stone Mind: Mental Defense 15 Points (18 Total); -1/4 OIHID

3 Stone Requires Little Maintenances: Reduced breathing 1 END/Min; Reduced Eating: Once per week; Reduced Sleep: 8 Hours per week; -1/4 OIHID

16 Feel Vibrations Through the Ground and Air: Touch at Range; Touch at a Targeting Sense; 360-Degree Sense; -1/4 OIHID

5 Stone Lasts a Long Time: Immortality

6 Enchanted Stone Body: Regeneration: 1Body per 20 Minutes; +1/2 Persistent; +1/2 Reduced Endurance: END = 0; -1/2 Self Only; -1 3/4 Extra time: 20 Minutes; -1/4 OIHID

24 Teleport Multi-Power (60 Points); -1/4 OIHID; -1/4 Activation 15-; -1 Side Effects: 4D6 Drain (+1/2) On Teleport Multi-Power and Strength at the same time

2m Combat Teleport: Teleport 20"; NCM X2; Mass X2; Position Shift; +1/4 Safe Blind Teleport

1m Focused Teleporting: Teleport 10"; NCM X2; Mass X2; Position Shift; +1/4 Safe Blind Teleport; +1 Armor Piercing X2, -1/2 END X2

1m Distance Teleport: Teleport 10"; NCM X2; Mass X2; +1/4 Safe Blind Teleport; +1 3/4 Variable Advantage: 1) Mega Scale 1KM, 2)Mega Scale 10 KM, 3)Mega Scale 100KM, 4) Mega Scale 1000KM; -1/2 END X2

1m Mass Teleport: Teleport 10"; NCM X2; Mass X32; +1/4 Safe Blind Teleport; +1/4 Mega Scale: 1KM; -1/2 END X2

1m Teleport Punching: +1 Area Effect: Any Area (6 Hexes Total) on 60 Points of STR -1/4 Must roll to hit roll for each punch

1m Internal Teleport Punch: 2D6 HKA; +1 NND: Defense is having Teleport or Dimensional Powers; +1 Does Body; -1/2 Can Not add STR to Damage

Re: STONELOCK- Character For Review

Looked good up until the Teleport part. Nothing wrong with it, per se. It's just a very odd combination of powers. It's not against the rules or anything.

A slightly more serious problem appears to be the lack of any Life Support Powers. Shouldn't a stone form have some Life Support? Does he breathe in stone form? Can he be poisoned or contract disease?

My recommendation: lose the Teleport and use those points to buy some OHID Life Support.

My $0.02. Take it for what it's worth.

I like the name Stonelock. Looks a bit too min-maxed for my taste, though at least he has a fairly low DEX. Too many points spent on really useful stuff, plus he has OIHID. Defenses are too high - 45PD/ED. Too many special defenses also, hard for the GM to mess him up. I'd ditch the mental defense - strengths and weaknesses, baby, strengths and weaknesses. Maybe reduce his SPD to 4? I know it sucks but stones aren't supposed to be fast.

Two questions:

1) Why the teleport?

2) What's his origin - anything to do with ancient Egypt?

Interesting character.

But, without a background I really can't say much about him. I can see he is a scholar or professor sort, but that is about it.

His CON is very low for a brick, Stone does not stun.

I would agree with Doug Maccrae that all the special defenses make him not so fun.

The Teleport powers are a surprising twist. Almost Marvel-like randomness. Not that random is bad...I LOVED Marvel when I was 12.

Give us his background and more helpful stuff will follow.

Hawksmoor

I'd consider using Density Increase for part of the strength/armor/kbresist - I believe it would save you some points

I didn’t use Density Increase because it’s not a power that is turned on and off. It a different form and the description of the power implied (to my mind) that it shouldn’t be used for this.

But, without a background I really can't say much about him. I can see he is a scholar or professor sort, but that is about it.

I have a good idea for the back ground, and yes it does involve ancient Egypt, but I didn’t want to take the time to type it up if the character was grossly broken or unbalanced.

His CON is very low for a brick, Stone does not stun.

His defenses are there to keep him from getting con stunned. His body is still mortal, in a since.

I like the name Stonelock. Looks a bit too min-maxed for my taste, though at least he has a fairly low DEX. Too many points spent on really useful stuff

This part confuses me. You expect characters to just waste points? Spend then on stuff that is not useful?

Bit I will agree that is might be a little min maxed…….Just a little.

I would agree with Doug Maccrae that all the special defenses make him not so fun.

I don’t know if I agree here. I have been on the receiving end of way too many “special†attacks not to cover all of the major bases. Way too many times in my champions gaming life have my characters been just beat to holy hell because they didn’t cover all the bases. So I guess it’s a personally thing, or just bad luck. I don’t mind the bad guys getting the best of me, its part of the game, along as it’s from tactics and planning and that sort of thing. But over and over again because you don’t have the right defenses? I have a really hard time building character with out them. I guess I am just not in the right mind set. :)

Looked good up until the Teleport part. Nothing wrong with it, per se. It's just a very odd combination of powers. It's not against the rules or anything.

Odd is good! I like odd. Would you prefer another wolverine clone? :D

The Teleport powers are a surprising twist. Almost Marvel-like randomness. Not that random is bad...I LOVED Marvel when I was 12.

So my character is made by a 12 year old? :cry:

A slightly more serious problem appears to be the lack of any Life Support Powers. Shouldn't a stone form have some Life Support? Does he breathe in stone form? Can he be poisoned or contract disease?

Well I do have some life support…

3 Stone Requires Little Maintenances: Reduced breathing 1 END/Min; Reduced Eating: Once per week; Reduced Sleep: 8 Hours per week; -1/4 OIHID

But I didn’t max it out. I think coving all the diseases and poisons is just a huge point’s sink hole. And the character is living stone (I guess you would know that if I would take the time to type up my back ground :o ), so I am not sure it would fit? But it is something to think about.

Thanks for the input.

I didn’t use Density Increase because it’s not a power that is turned on and off. It a different form and the description of the power implied (to my mind) that it shouldn’t be used for this.

While it's true that it's an alternate form, since you're not buying Multiform, all you need to do is define 'Density Increase' as his 'Hero ID'.

Alternately, link your other powers to the DI so that they only activate when the DI is up.

It just seems a shame that there's a power that effectively does what you are looking for (turning to stone is one possible SFX for Density Increase) and it's not being used.

I would advise buying the DI to 0 End and probably Persistant though.

J

A couple things I find odd...

Vulnerability to Sonic attacks...Flash Def: Sound

If he's that attuned to vibrations (also note the ranged touch) then sound flash def seems out of place.

Question...he's Immortal, only in stone form? or always? Not sure it fits either way. (Part time immortality is an interesting thought though.)

I do like the name Stonelock.