I am ALWAYS watching you

This is my first question concerning the construction of a power. I have a PC, Death Maiden aka Dee, who is half-demon, half-human. She rides a demonic motorcycle. My problem concerns this bike. This thing watches Dee, no matter where she is and can do it from Hell as well as the normal Earth.

Clairsentience doesn't seem right, even with Transdimensional and Megascale.

This power should be Always On, Zero END, Persistant and always centered on Dee no matter where she is. It should include both the ability to see what goes on in her area as well as hear what is going on. I could make this just an SFX of the bike but I am a stickler for constructing EVERY power.

Any suggestions?

Re: I am ALWAYS watching you

Hmm. Interesting. I haven't got any specific ideas yet, but my first thought is this: what is the effect of this power from Dee's point-of-view? She is the PC after all, so isn't this really one of her powers, albeit focussed through the bike? I can imagine that you might've built the bike in a way that makes this suggestion spurious, but it was my first thought on reading your question. Hope this helps. ;)

This is my first question concerning the construction of a power. I have a PC, Death Maiden aka Dee, who is half-demon, half-human. She rides a demonic motorcycle. My problem concerns this bike. This thing watches Dee, no matter where she is and can do it from Hell as well as the normal Earth.

Clairsentience doesn't seem right, even with Transdimensional and Megascale.

This power should be Always On, Zero END, Persistant and always centered on Dee no matter where she is. It should include both the ability to see what goes on in her area as well as hear what is going on. I could make this just an SFX of the bike but I am a stickler for constructing EVERY power.

Any suggestions?

It seems like you could do some type of Clairsentiance linked with Mind Link.

There is an option for this in Fred, under Mind Link, that let's you see through the other person's eyes. You could probably add "Always On" or "No Conscious Control" or something to make it permanent.

KA.

It seems like you could do some type of Clairsentiance linked with Mind Link.

There is an option for this in Fred, under Mind Link, that let's you see through the other person's eyes. You could probably add "Always On" or "No Conscious Control" or something to make it permanent.

KA.

I don't think this is what is being asked for KA, although I may have got Ghost Archer's question wrong myself. The way I read what is being asked for is a daemon bike that can be summoned somehow, and which can always see and hear what is happening in Dee's environs, but not through Dee's eyes. Like I said already, this seems to me to have more to do with how it affects Dee's control over the bike than anything else. It's almost a form of instant change to my mind, unless Dee can accompany the bike to hell, say, in which case instant change might be appropriate, but hardly sufficient. I could've got the wrong end of the stick completely though. ;)

I don't think this is what is being asked for KA' date=' although I may have got Ghost Archer's question wrong myself. The way I read what is being asked for is a daemon bike that can be summoned somehow, and which can always see and hear what is happening in Dee's environs, but not through Dee's eyes. Like I said already, this seems to me to have more to do with how it affects Dee's control over the bike than anything else. It's almost a form of instant change to my mind, unless Dee can accompany the bike to hell, say, in which case instant change might be appropriate, but hardly sufficient. I could've got the wrong end of the stick completely though. ;)[/quote']

You may be right, JMcL63.

It just seemed like "watchin" was stressed more than "appears".

If "appears" is what is desired then something like "Instant Change" or "Summon" might be appropriate. I thought that the bike was sentient and watched over the chracter in some protective, or possibly judgemental way.

Could be either. :confused:

KA.

Indeedy KA. From Ghost Archer's original post, I think we can assume 2 things more or less for sure:

• it's a vehicle, hence it needs the power (cf. GA's remark about not wanting to SFX this)
  • it doesn't use Dee's senses, but has special senses of its own

These two points seem to be clear enough (although I am really inferring them both).

More info please Ghost Archer! ;)

You could use two things:

Clairsentience: Dee Only, Always On, Transdimensional, Inherent, 0 END, Persistent.

or

Mind Link, Psychic Bond.

I think maybe the latter might be what you're looking for... but not sure.

With the ML:PB the bike is always connected to Dee and knows what she is thinking at all times and can "see" what her mind is seeing at all times through her thoughts.

The only clarification I would want is: What would this ability be used for; what effect would it have in game?

Can the bike relate this information to anyone else, telepathically warn Dee about stuff behind her, use the info as a location fix to teleport/edm to her, etc?

Assuming all it can do is watch, but has the ability and inclination to share info with others, it could be nothing more than Transdimensional Clairsentience. If all it uses the information for is to talk to Dee or teleport to her, you can buy Dee Dangersense/360 Sight and/or a Fixed Location for Tport.

The only clarification I would want is: What would this ability be used for; what effect would it have in game?

Can the bike relate this information to anyone else, telepathically warn Dee about stuff behind her, use the info as a location fix to teleport/edm to her, etc?

Assuming all it can do is watch, but has the ability and inclination to share info with others, it could be nothing more than Transdimensional Clairsentience. If all it uses the information for is to talk to Dee or teleport to her, you can buy Dee Dangersense/360 Sight and/or a Fixed Location for Tport.

Good comments DR. This is exactly the kind of thing I was getting at: is the bike an independent vehicle with its own powers, or is this all just a SFX of Dee's own powers? ;)

First, even though DC is a bike, that is merely appearance, sorry that I did not clearify this. DC is a demon in bike form so he is built as a character.

Now, as to what the power is used for. . . spying on her. Does he relay this info to some higher demon lord, like Dee's father? Most likely. Does he use the power to warn Dee of impending danger? No, not normally, though it might cause him to come to her to defend her, depending on the level of threat. The relationship between the two is complex.

Dee does not know for sure that DC can and is watching her, she probably suspects it. There is no telepathic communication between the two. DC generally gets his points across to Dee by attitude and the tone of his engine's roar. They do NOT ever directly communicate.

I have built DC before, using vehicular rules but I was never satisfied with the result, hence my current project. Clairsentience seems right but the structure is what has me baffled. Generally DC hangs out in Hell and watches Dee from there. He can use his ExtraDimensional Movement to come to her call or just take a ride into her world at will so he needs to be able to watch her from either place. It's Always On to him, like a PIP on a TV.

I figure Megascale, since he can see her no matter where she is on Earth but does Scale Down to One Kilometer allow him the up close and personal view of her and what's happening around her. He does not see through her eyes, she does not see any SKX from his use of this power. It would have to have a Mobile Perception Point that could travel as fast as Dee. We need a Fixed Location option for Clairsentience like Teleportation. Hmm . . . maybe I should steal that . . .

Just realized he'll need a way of knowing where she is under any circumstance. The Clairsentience might fail if she uses the team's long range teleport. Something new to build. Probably a huge Detect Dee.

Thanks for all the help so far.

What I have come up with so far using the Clairsentience option:

80 Demonic Eye: Clairsentience (Sight Group And Normal Hearing), Mobile Perception Point (can move up to 640" per Phase), Single Dimension, Inherent (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2), No Range Modifier (+1/2), MegaScale (1" = 100 km; +3/4), Can Be Scaled Down 1" = 1km (+1/4); Only To Watch Death Maiden (-2), Always On (-1/2)

Active Cost is 281. But then points aren't the issue here.

I am not sure I consider Always On as disad. I can't see how it would be if what he wants to be able to watch her at all times. I can't imagine anything she'd do he wouldn't want to see . . . well, maybe going to church might upset him.but then she's demon blood to so it's not likely to happen.

How about taking Dee as the Focus of the power? That legal, or cheese?

Ah! DC (the bike?) isn't a Vehicle (as in a Perk paid for by Dee). That makes a world of difference!

Basically, everything aspect of the ability is in DC's hands (handle bars?), so he pays for it.

Sounds like Clairsentience (possibly in an MP, one normal, close range, one megascale scalable, and one transdimensional). Given the restructed use of the ability, I'd say you've got Mobile for free (DC doesn't control the movement) and a -?/? Lim for only being able to see Dee's location.

As for getting to her, buy her as a Fixed Location for Teleport. Only cost 1 point. It seems like he can enter whereever he wants into Earth from Hell, so just buy that level of EDM.

Now, if DC can use this link for anything other than observation, he'll need to pay for any augementation to whatever Powers he wants to use.