Need Help From LSH Fans: Nemesis Kid writeup

JohnOSpencer

I want to introduce a new villian into my campaign, and after recently re-reading old LSH comics, I've decided to make Nemesis Kid.

Now, I know he needs a VPP, but I am having difficulty deciding how big to make the limitations on it. Also, I am having problems on how big to make it.

Any help would be appreciated.

John

Re: Need Help From LSH Fans: Nemesis Kid writeup

Humm. I would give him an above average DEX, INT, EGO & SPD, plus some sort of customized enhanced sense, detect/analyze powers/abilities. (Edit: I would also include KS: alchemy and KS: powers/weaknesses of known super heros/villians.)

The rest of the available points go into a Cosmic VPP.

Limitations: Can change only in given circumstances (when confronted by opponent) (-1/2). If the character (as opposed to the player) cannot select the powers, it might also get the Has no choice how powers change (-1/2).

As this is a villian, I suggest having a power set prepared for each PC, including minimum DEX> PC's DEX +3, SPD> PC's DEX [edit: SPD] +1, OCV > PC's DCV (including levels & dodge), DCV > PC's best OCV (including levels), enough Superleap to Dive for Cover if the PC has an AE attack, the defense if the PC has an NND attack, approperate defense to shrug off 2/3 max damage of PC's best attack, and, if anything is left over, an approperate attack.

Attack should have an Sx matching the PC's vulnerability or suceptability, if any, or else be penetraiting (or double penetraiting if PC has hardening). Attack should be ranged if PC has a damage shield (edit:or superior movement abilities), HTH if PC has missile deflection (and especally if PC has reflection).

Pool should also include a mega-scale teleport that can only be used if he is attacked by two or more opponents at once.

Two points

Nemesis Kid did not gain enough power for an automatic victory over his opponent. His powers would be enough to win if he used them correctly(and he almost always did) but he could be suprised by outside factors. Creative use of the environment might let you beat him but creative use of your powers wasn't any help.

He doesn't get the same powers each time he faces the same opponent. His powers changed without his control but he did instinctively know how to use them.

And he didn't always get stats better than his opponents- only if his opponent's enhanced stats were part of their "powers," a pretty loosely-defined term. He got better DEX and CVs than Karate Kid, but while fighting Projectra, he got immunity to illusions only, allowing her to beat him physically with her own recent non-super karate training. dw

I'm going to tweak this a bit, so I'm going to drop the Alchemy(I have two master alchemists in the campaign anyways).

Darren, you brought up a good point. At what point does skill become a power. I'm thinking it won't give him martial arts abilities(I may give him comic book martial arts) but letting his power give him one more CSL than his current opponent. I would also think his power would give him Armor only vs. opponents specific attack. I want him to be able to show up with a group of average supervillians and give my players fits. You see, they havn't learned how to use teamwork against a group.

Anyways, here are the stats I gave him, kinda near max human:

STR: 20, DEX: 18, CON: 18, BODY: 16, INT: 18, EGO: 14, PRE:18, COM: 14,

PD:8, ED: 8, SPD: 4, REC: 8, END: 40, STUN: 40

I am also thinking of giving him combat luck, so he doesn't get creemed from a surprise attack. Or maybe just raising his defenses to a minor superhuman level.

Any Commets or suggestions?

John