Youngblood trivia

Vigil

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone in Champsland remembers the membership of the various incarnations of the Youngblood roster.

I know the first team had Shaft and Badrock but I'm completely blank beyond that.

The Alan Moore created New Youngblood had Shaft, Suprema, Big Brother, Johnny Panic. Doc Rocket and I can't remember the name of the other female sidekick.

And, as for the latest incarnation, there's Shaft again but after that I'm again at a loss.

Any help you guys have would be much appreciated. I'd wanted to do versions of them for my crew and I want to get them as right as possible. Thanks in advance.

Vigil

Re: Youngblood trivia

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone in Champsland remembers the membership of the various incarnations of the Youngblood roster.

I know the first team had Shaft and Badrock but I'm completely blank beyond that.

I don't know about the other versions, but i think the original team of twelve was: Shaft, Combat, Vogue, Chapel, Photon, Cougar, Badrock/Bedrock, Riptide, Sentinel, Diehard, and I am drawing a blank on the other two right now.

CES

12 of them? :jawdrop:

Yeegads, what a pig of a team that must have been. I haven't even heard of half of those names. Were they all there at the same time or is that the complete roster over time?

And thanks for replying.

Cheers, :whistle:

Vigil

For some reason, the tumbs down part makes me think this is a joke.

It has to be, right?

Anyway, I did a half-hearted web search and found a variety of comic covers (oddly, all marked as #1) but then I had terrible flashbacks and had to give it up. There are some fan pages out there. Maybe give it a whirl.

Sorry about the thumbs down thing. I hadn't intended it as a joke, I just mistook it for a question mark. lol. Anyway, I'll have a look aorund, is there such a thing as aYoungblood fan site? Anyway, thanks.

Vigil

Yep. You have to sift through the seething piles of hate, but there are. Like I said, someone maintained a cover gallery of a lot of #1's. I assume full team rosters are on those covers (so you might be able to identify them). I wouldn't be any help there and have no idea if the galleries I saw were complete, so I didn't offer more than that.

12 of them? :jawdrop:

Yeegads, what a pig of a team that must have been. I haven't even heard of half of those names. Were they all there at the same time or is that the complete roster over time?

And thanks for replying.

Cheers, :whistle:

They had six on one team and six on the other.

Shaft, Badrock, Chapel, Combat, Vogue, and one of the guys I can't remember was on a home team.

Sentinel and the rest were on a foreign intervention team.

I cant remember if the teams changed that much but I do remember that Riptide got kicked off her team for posing for a girlie magazine.

CES

Youngblood was comprised of 2 teams, the Home Team and the Away Team (Rob compared them to the FBI (Home) & the CIA (Away)).

The Home Team was comprised of: Shaft (Leader), Bedrock/Badrock, Chapel (He killed Spawn), Combat (an alien who had the 'Worf' postion on the team), Diehard (Rob's first attempt at creating a Superman-type character), & Vogue (the token female who had nothing else going for her). After a major battle, Diehard would be injured and 'replaced' by Diehard II (which caused some interesting moments since Diehard I recovered and rejoinded the team with Diehard II still around).

The Away team was comprised of; Sentinel (Battlesuited Leader), Bhrama (wimpy Brick), Cougar (think Jaguar from the 4th ed. Champions but with more personality), Photon (alien energy blaster), Psi-Fire (think Tetsuo Shima from Akira but with absolutely no redeeming values), & Riptide (female water manipulator). When the Away team got their own book (Team Youngblood), they picked up Dutch (but they could've left that whiner behind, IMO) and Masada (Female Jewish Brick with growth and one helluva Mental Damage Shield) to replace the comatose Psi-fire (who would later transfer himself into a new (female) body, go on a rampage and be knocked right back into a coma by Masada's DS) and the injured Bhrama (who I think would later quit and join the Four (they're a team of badguys).

Oh, I almost forgot about Troll (it was easy to overlook him), but I can't remember which team he was on.

I'm sure there were more members but I'd lost interest in Liefield's work shortly after they introduced Supreme.

Hope that helped you somewhat.