Code Name LOGIC: The Olympiad Saga- Ideas Needed

xgotghrrl

I've been asked to do a Sequel!! Never done a sequel before and I'm both flattered and feeling a bit of pressure at the same time.

I posted a several months ago how I was getting ready to run my first Champions game, which I thought Rocked, and apparently so did a few of my players as they are the ones who are asking to do it again. And what with the Summer games starting this week they asked if I could design a champions campaign around the Olympic events.

Now to give some background, before the inevitable cry for help and plot ideas...

LOGIC (League of International and Global Champions) is a UN sponsored team of supers consisting of 10 appointees representing various member nations and 1 neutral observer/advisor representing the Pleadian Planetary Alliance.

Membership in LOGIC is set up in the same manner as the UN Security Council. There are 5 permanent seats in the group belonging to the US, UK, France, Russia and China. The other 5 seats are rotating memberships of two year duration, which can belong to any member country dependent on a majority vote by the 15 member UN Security Council.

So in theory you could have 4 middle eastern nations represented at the same time or a majority of communist states in the group or even one to two potential rouge states as members. For example, North Korea, Iran and Iraq have all had operatives on the team in the past and Cuba just ended a term, being replaced by Australia.

The membership terms are staggered as well in order to avoid a mass newbie situation. For example as set up at present...this is the first year of the Australian and Laos term in the group and the last year of the Namibian, Irish, and Czech term

The observer post which belongs to the Pleadian Alliance rep rotates every 5 years, and is currently held by D'Terra Kim who is in the middle of her term.

Now as of our last game the Membership Roster was as follows.

1) Representing The United States of America

Captain Jack Madison: Code Name, Jack Rabbit (Speedster/Team Pilot)

2) Representing The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Lord Peter Blane, the 13th Baron Oldswater: Code Name, Gargoyle. (Flying Brick)

3) Representing The French Republic

Dominique Janelle LaCroix: Code Name, The Maid (Demi Brick)

4) Representing The Peoples Republic of China

Xiang Zhong: Code Name, Red Tiger (Martial Artist/Gadeteer)

5) Representing The Russian Federation

Ilyana Vlasov: Code Name, Ursa Major (Shapeshifter/Animal Control)

6) Representing The Commonwealth of Australia

Martin Morgan: Code Name, Bommerang (Reflective)

7) Representing The Republic of Ireland

Sean O'Reily: Code Name, Green Man (Plant Control)

8) Representing The Republic of Namibia

Theo-Ben Shafishuna: Code Name, Kalahari (Elemental)

9) Representing The Lao People's Democratic Republic

Khamtai Lengsavat: Code Name, Emerald Buddah (Mentalist/Healer)

10) Representing The Czech Repubic

Jiri Dvorak: Code Name, Alchemist (Mystic/Potion Master)

11) Representing The Pleadian Planetary Alliance

D'Terra Kim: Code Name, Off-Worlder (Alien)

The chars that I have returning for this run are as follows.

1) The United States of America: Jack Rabbit

2) The French Republic: La Pucelle du Orleans (The Maid of Orleans)

3) The Russian Federation: Ursa Major

4) The Republic of Namibia: Kalahari

5) The Pleadian Planetary Alliance: Off-Worlder

Now my questions are these.

A) Any suggestions for a NPC hero native to Greece who would be serving as a liason between Logic and the Greek Goverment and who is a non deity pls. Looking for an older NPC who is fairly low powered (by comparison) but who can still be used as a handy plot device.

B) Any really neat plot ideas for a campaign based around the Olympic Games?

C) Any suggestions on how to run a sequel as I've never done one before?

Thank you and feel free to comment on the team concept as well..always looking for feedback on the world setting and continunity and all that. Crunch is fun but fluff is funner *S*

Love Always

Xgoth

Re: Code Name LOGIC: The Olympiad Saga- Ideas Needed

I

A) Any suggestions for a NPC hero native to Greece who would be serving as a liason between Logic and the Greek Goverment and who is a non deity pls. Looking for an older NPC who is fairly low powered (by comparison) but who can still be used as a handy plot device.

I was thinking something like Marathon (because you said Olympics). A fairly low powered speedster, his main power is the ability to run at 40 MPH. He's got a Dex of 18 to 23, Speed of 5, 12" Running @ 0 END (total). If you expect him to go into combat, give him a +4D6 Baton (solid metal) and some Martial Arts, including Defensive Strike and Martial Dodge.

Greek character idea:

Olympian

Basically a normal guy with Characteristics at, or slightly above, Normal Characteristic Maxima, and lots of physical/agility skills, specifically related to the more traditional Olympic competitions (wrestling, all the track and field, though gymnastics shouldn't be left out). The idea is that he's not powerful enough to be truly "superhuman", but just powerful enough (with that nasty mutant DNA or whatever) to disquallify him from competition.

========== ==========

Plot ideas:

A madman takes over the competition. Everyone is to continue to compete, but all the contests are now to the death. Anyone not receiving a medal in any every event they compete in will be killed. The heroes must stop him.

========== ==========

A superhuman has managed to steak into the games, but no one knows exactly who. Perhaps the superhuman doesn't even know it yet. No one knows what his powers are or when/how they'll manifest. To complicate matters, the issue must be handled quietly, to avoid embarrising whatever nation the superhuman is competing for. This isn't like to stay quiet for long though...

Aliens are crusing past Earth and catch the games, and enjoy them so much they decide to hold their own. To start, the "invite" all the gold medelists by abducting them shortly after they win. Boy won't these guys get excited to find the superhumans who start looking for the missing athletes...

========== ==========

Runing a Sequel:

Not much advice to give here. I usually run ongoing, episodic campaigns. I can assume that a campaign sequel would be a lot like the original, just with different enemies, and possibly some new characters to replace old ones that have died or retired.

One thing I've seen done with sequels in film and such though, is a change of theme or tone. For instance, if the first campaign dealt with certain issues, have the sequel deal with different ones. Things like this can be made with the primary issues of the campaign, or simply subplots between the player characters as they work together.

Somewhere in the backstory of my own campaign was a character called Hoplite (after the 'grunt' troops of the classical Greek period). He was essentially a Hellenic amalgam of Batman and Captain America (and foster-father to the brick character Heraklitea, but I digress...)

As far as a campaign around the Olympics goes, there are already concerns in the real world that the Athens games are a prime terrorist target. You may want to run with that ball...

• 3 years later...

heres an idea a competitor is dqed because his/her LEGITIMATE medicine contained banned substances and not only is he stuck as a spectator but h'es /she'sbeing accused of sabatogeing the games in revenge for being dq'ed a disqualification he'd agreed to can he/she help LOGIC defeat the sabatoures before its too late?