The Last Word

Bazza

Re: The Last Word

We stopped feeding ours dry stuff when Loki developed urinary tract problems and the vet told us we shouldn't feed him dry any more. Now, Loki's dead, so we could go back to just dry food, I suppose.

We did bottle kittens a few nights ago. Getting up every two hours during the night was exhausting.

Though we have a new naming scheme for kittens next time.

Alcatraz, Sing Sing, Leavenworth, Quentin, Rikers, etc...

The kittens had been dumped next to the county jail. The foster mom gets to name this group, but next opportunity...

Well, they run out of air if you don't open the bottle every two hours...

Cancer is right. Bottle Feed. Generally I work with adult cats, so this was something I hadn't done much of. But the number of places to put the kittens was scarce that night.

On naming scheme's, we have a bunch of different ones. Some of which I resurrected from server naming days.

Have not used the old bombing site one. I don't think it would go as well over to name kittens, Dresden, Canterbury, Hiroshima, Nagasaki...

It would be fascinating to know the story behind the momcat. Clearly she's used to living with people, and doesn't have a mean bone in her body when it comes to them; she obviously was disciplined with a spray bottle; and she clearly is of the firm belief that her place is on the bed.

We got her from the shelter. My wife went in just to inquire about what was required in order to foster a momcat & litter, and walked out with her and six week-olds and load of ancillary stuff. Someone else had found her & the litter in their back yard, but was not able to take care of them at their place. No collar or chip.

Pretty common for most cats to go "nest" somewhere, so that might be what she was doing. Of course, for the owner to be so neglectful as to not go looking for her or checking the shelters when she vanished . . . Well, I have no problem with such people not owning pets. I know when Jeff went missing, Josh and I were fairly frantic with worry.

He hasn't shown up again, either. I think we're pretty resigned to the idea that he won't be coming back, and that we've done everything we could. I think some possibility remains in moving the trap, but I think I'm tired of hoping.