The Last Word

Bazza

Re: The Last Word

And I should say that he succumbs to a common but fundamental error: he does not understand something (either through lack of data or relevant experience) and therefore he asserts that that which he does not understand cannot exist. Hubris on the broadest metaphysical scale.

How do you know that he doesn't understand what he is talking about? And how do you know he doesn't have necessary experience to write about it?

How do you know that he doesn't understand what he is talking about? And how do you know he doesn't have necessary experience to write about it?

I don't know, for obvious reasons. But the rhetoric is disturbingly similar to that used by those who make philosophical or factual assertions which are clearly and demonstrably false. I recognize that there is a logical fallacy inherent in my argument, but my point is that his own arguments bear a strong similarity to logically and factually fallacious arguments made by others over time. That being the case, why should I accept those arguments when they look so much like others that time and the advance of knowledge have shown to be incontrovertibly false?

I don't know' date=' for obvious reasons. But the rhetoric is disturbingly similar to that used by those who make philosophical or factual assertions which are clearly and demonstrably false. [/quote'] Can you give more information on this, interested in your position. :)

I recognize that there is a logical fallacy inherent in my argument, but my point is that his own arguments bear a strong similarity to logically and factually fallacious arguments made by others over time.
Ok, got any names you can drop off the top of your head?

That being the case, why should I accept those arguments when they look so much like others that time and the advance of knowledge have shown to be incontrovertibly false?
I'd be with you and wouldn't, yeah, I agree with your position here (or at least understand it).

Fibers' date=' much?[/quote']

Protein shakes, vitamin supplements, and herbal supplements (one to help block fat assist the body in absorbing vitamins, the other to boost the metabolism).

Kinda like Slim-Fast only the shakes satisfy ones hunger. Just add non-fat milk (or depending on the protein-powder flavor, Orange Juice works well too) and chug-a-lug. And everything is all-natural.