Character for Review: Blue Streak

JmOz

Character is a Combination of a Symbiote ala Venom and a speedster, Background is that a XenoBiologist/Doctor was called in to examine an alien symbiote that merged with her

Blue Streak

Player:

Val Char Cost
15/45 STR 5
15/35 DEX 15
15/35 CON 10
11 BODY 2
18 INT 8
11 EGO 2
15 PRE 5
20 COM 5
5/25 PD 2
5/25 ED 2
4/8 SPD 15
6/16 REC 0
30/70 END 0
30/55 STUN 3
6"/30" RUN02" SWIM03"/9" LEAP0Characteristics Cost: 74

Cost Power END
3 +3 Mental Defense (10 points total)
Symbiot Form, all slots: Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)
30 1) +30 STR, Reduced Endurance 1/2 END (+1/4) (37 Active Points) 1
48 2) +20 DEX (60 Active Points)
32 3) +20 CON (40 Active Points)
11 4) +14 PD (14 Active Points)
13 5) +16 ED (16 Active Points)
16 6) +2 SPD (20 Active Points)
12 7) Damage Resistance (15 PD/15 ED) (15 Active Points)
4 8) +5 Mental Defense (10 points total) (5 Active Points)
3 9) Speed Reading (x10) (4 Active Points)
2 10) Lightning Calculator (3 Active Points)
48 Super Speed MP: Multipower, 60-point reserve, all slots: (60 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)
4u 1) +24" Running (6"/30" total), Reduced Endurance 1/2 END (+1/4) (60 Active Points); No Noncombat Movement (-1/4) 2
4u 2) Flight 20", Variable Advantage (+1/4 Advantages +1/2) (60 Active Points); Only In Contact With A Surface (-1/4) 6
Powers Cost: 230

Cost Martial Arts Maneuver
5 Flying Dodge: 1/2 Phase, -- OCV, +4 DCV, Dodge All Attacks, Abort; FMove
5 Flying Grab: 1/2 Phase, -2 OCV, -1 DCV, Grab Two Limbs, +10 STR for holding on; FMove
5 Passing Strike: 1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, +0 DCV, STR +v/5; FMove
5 Passing Disarm: 1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, -1 DCV, Disarm, +10 STR to Disarm roll; FMove
Martial Arts Cost: 20

Cost Skill
3 Acrobatics 12- (16-)
3 Breakfall 12- (16-)
3 Bureaucratics 12-
1 Language: Spanish (basic conversation)
3 Paramedics 13-
2 PS: Doctor 11-
3 Scientist
2 1) SS: Medicine (INT-based) (3 Active Points) 13-
2 2) SS: Xenomedicine (INT-based) (3 Active Points) 13-
2 3) SS: Xenobiology (INT-based) (3 Active Points) 13-
1 4) SS: Biochemistry (2 Active Points) 11-
Skills Cost: 25

Cost Perk
1 Fringe Benefit: License to practice Medicine
Perks Cost: 1

Total Character Cost: 350

Val Disadvantages
20 Dependent NPC: Patients 8- (Incompetent; Unaware of character's adventuring career/Secret ID)
10 Enraged: Electrical Attacks (Common), go 8-, recover 14-
15 Hunted: Mystirious Benefactor 11- (As Pow; Watching; Extensive Non-Combat Influence; PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find)
10 Physical Limitation: Requires special medical care (Infrequently; Greatly Impairing)
5 Distinctive Features: Talks about self in 2nd person (Easily Concealed; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)
15 Hunted: Zodiac 8- (Mo Pow; Harshly Punish)
20 Hunted: Viper 8- (Mo Pow; Harshly Punish; Extensive Non-Combat Influence)
15 Social Limitation: Secret ID (Frequently; Major)
20 Vulnerability: 2 x STUN Electrical (Common)
20 Vulnerability: 2 x BODY Electrical (Common)

Disadvantage Points: 150

Base Points: 200

Experience Required: 0

Total Experience Available: 0

Experience Unspent: 0

Re: Character for Review: Blue Streak

I like the character. Quite nice, actually. 2x STUN *and* BODY vs. electricity, though... ouch! On an average-sized lightning KA from a typical 350-pt character, he'll be hurting.

Actually, there is one thing I don't particularly like about the character. Specifically, the name. "Streak", regardless of color, is not one of those words which I tend to find really impressive.

BTW, if you get a chance, feel free to drop by my "Sharing the Wealth" thread and return the favor.

Actually, there is one thing I don't particularly like about the character. Specifically, the name. "Streak", regardless of color, is not one of those words which I tend to find really impressive.

My first thought on seeing the name was "sounds like they're going to get arrested for indecent exposure".

Nice, but one very minor suggestion: Drop 2 points off the starting CON, and sell off the 6" of Leap to clear up 10 points, then put 2 points into REC (putting it back to 6/16), 2 points into END (putting it back to 30/70), then buy another slot for the Multipower:

2u 1) Leaping +48" (52" forward, 2" upward), Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4); Forward Movement Only (-1), no Noncombat movement (-1/4)

1/2 End

Megascale 1"=10m

Megascale 1"=100m

Megascale 1"=1Km

Usable underwater (Still a surface IMO)

I like the Multiple Advantage aspect, really - more versatility. for special circumstances. And don't forget the potential value of Combat Acceleration/Deceleration for doing move by/through/grab by when the fight starts at close range.

Actually' date='dropping base CON to 13,but keeping the same END & STUN & Leaping,actually saves 1 point.Assuming the same Power Modifiers on the slot,the slot becomes 1u 3) +30 Leaping at +1/2 END Cost,Only in Hero ID (-1/4),Horizontal Only (-1),no Noncombat Movement (-1/4).[/quote']

No...you get four points for dropping the 2 CON, and lose 1 REC, 1 STUN, and 4 END. Buying back those stats will cost you 5 points. So you actually lose a point. But if you sell off the 6" of Leap, you get 6 more points, for a total of seven. Then buy the Leaping slot for the multipower, and you still have 6 points left with which to, I dunno, buy two more skills. Maybe Forensic Medicine and Deduction, both of which would be very appropriate for a researcher specializing in xenobiology.

The +6" of Leap should go because there's really no reason a normal person, even witha 15 STR, should have 9" of Leap. I mean, have you ever heard of a normal person who can make a standing leap of 18 meters?

Speaking as a Champions veteran (having Champions I & II),reducing a Hero System's character's CON from 15 to 13 will NOT reduce REC or the character's CON roll.Furthermore,she only has 3" of Leaping in her normal ID,since two-thirds of her base Leaping comes from her 45 STR as Blue Streak.

Speaking as a Champions veteran (having Champions I & II)' date='reducing a Hero System's character's CON from 15 to 13 will NOT reduce REC or the character's CON roll.Furthermore,she only has 3" of Leaping in her normal ID,since two-thirds of her base Leaping comes from her 45 STR as Blue Streak.[/quote']

I remember when Martial Arts cost 1/2 your Strength, so don't go giving me that "I'm a veteran" stuff. :P You're right of course, I was asleep at the wheel. Also, Hero Designer has spoiled me. I hardly ever think about the math anymore.