Dispel & Summon

Guest C_Zeree

ONE SERIOUS PROBLEM WITH THE DUPLICATION METHOD:

When you recombine your Body/Stun/End/Etc... are averaged together, this is what I use as the deciding factor between summons and Duplication

Note: I feel Duplication should be droped as a power and merged into summons

Guest C_Zeree

Yep, yep. My post was a knee jerk reaction to what I read. If I would have stopped, used a little common sense, and thought. 5 mins after I made it I actually did think.

Monolith you are correct. There is no problem. Especially not when I could say by the Duplication up to x16 or x32. That many will simply not be killed. Plus my idea was Recombine at a distance, for a 0 phase action too. Thus, the chances of one actually being killed are minimal, and I really shouldn't need all the extras. No problem at all. :D

JmOz: I don't have my book with me but that is a problem. Something to mull over.

Shadowpup: I think I brought up that same question on the pre apocalypse boards. I think it was shot down because Summon is an Instant, the effect is just summon. To make it continuous and keep applying END would mean you summon a new being every new phase.

At least I think that was the idea. Someone please correct me if I am wrong. :)

Originally posted by JmOz

ONE SERIOUS PROBLEM WITH THE DUPLICATION METHOD:

When you recombine your Body/Stun/End/Etc... are averaged together, this is what I use as the deciding factor between summons and Duplication

Note: I feel Duplication should be droped as a power and merged into summons

Here is part of a long answer from the FAQ:

For a -0 Limitation, No Averaging, you can define your Duplicates as not averaging with the base character when they recombine. For example, if the base character loses 5 BODY and the Duplicate loses 12 BODY, when they recombine the original is still down 5 BODY. The Duplicate, if “created†again before it would normally have healed 12 BODY, remains injured (track the healing rate as you would for any other character).