GoT & WoT

ShadowRaptor

This might be a bad idea, or maybe a good idea, but I was wondering and I think this would be really cool to play in, is combining the world of Game of Thrones with the magic of Wheel of Time in one world. Personally I think that would be cool as hell since I like both series equally for there own reasons. What do you guys think?

I have yet to read Game of Thrones, but its on my list (currently reading the RuneLords...PERFECT campaign material. I'll get to GoT after I read Crossroads of Twilight) but the magic system of WoT is just about perfect. I can't imagine another novel comming up with a more gameable magic system. It seemed almost tailor-made for gaming...

From what I read though, the G.R.R. Martin's world is Magic-lite. Wouldn't it throw off the flavor somewhat if you introduced something as heavy as The One Power into it?

I'd say it'd work, and the high-magic (so to speak) of WoT wouldn't throw things off too much.

Sure, there's powerful magic in WoT, but not everyone who walks around can sling it. In fact, up until the events in the WoT books, it was dwindling (it's mentioned many times that the White Tower was having difficulty finding new applicants each year). You could probably play quite a few games of WoT (d20 or not) probably before even encountering any magic, especially if running a politically oriented campaign.