A very unusual character

Whitewings

has been floating around in my head for a long, long time, and I want to try to stat them/her out. Ginger-Jasmine Asphodel is-are sisters/twins/a monster with two heads, four arms, and otherwise the normal complement of body parts. The two heads, Ginger and jasmine, are distinct and seperate personalities, and either one can run their shared body, including all four limbs - or both can do it at once (Ginger runs the body and upper arms, Jasmine runs the lower arms, for example). The extra arms are obviously just Extra Limbs, but I have no slightest idea how to represent the rest.

Re: A very unusual character

has been floating around in my head for a long' date=' long time, and I want to try to stat them/her out. Ginger-Jasmine Asphodel is-are sisters/twins/a monster with two heads, four arms, and otherwise the normal complement of body parts. The two heads, Ginger and jasmine, are distinct and seperate personalities, and either one can run their shared body, including all four limbs - or both can do it at once (Ginger runs the body and upper arms, Jasmine runs the lower arms, for example). The extra arms are obviously just Extra Limbs, but I have no slightest idea how to represent the rest.[/quote']

Duplication, cannot recombine with appropriate physical limitations. Its how the Hydra is done in The Hero System Beastiary.

Nexus' idea is good; I don't think I'd do this though. I would just figure out what actual effects you want for having 2 heads. Two personalities, same body, should be some sort of phys or psych lim. But what are the actual benefits of having two heads/people in one body? Will the being be harder to stun? Does it have de facto Damage Reduction, Lim "only if hit in head"?

Nexus' idea is good; I don't think I'd do this though. I would just figure out what actual effects you want for having 2 heads. Two personalities' date=' same body, should be some sort of phys or psych lim. But what are the actual benefits of having two heads/people in one body? Will the being be harder to stun? Does it have de facto Damage Reduction, Lim "only if hit in head"?[/quote']

Well, I was aiming for the apparent effect desired. Two beings, stuck together, that can act intependantly of each other in all ways except physically seperating.

Well' date=' I was aiming for the apparent effect desired. Two beings, stuck together, that can act intependantly of each other in all ways except physically seperating.[/quote']

But I guess I'm curious if they can really act so independently. They share the same body. They have Extra Limbs, so those can act in a phase together, but otherwise it's not like they get twice the actions in a phase, I don't think. But I"m not sure...

But I guess I'm curious if they can really act so independently. They share the same body. They have Extra Limbs' date=' so those can act in a phase together, but otherwise it's not like they get twice the actions in a phase, I don't think. But I"m not sure...[/quote']

Well, I'm imaging they would act sort of like a Hydra or Doc Ock's arms. They can do fully independant actions. One "Sister" could target a ranged attack, the other could Punch. Or something like that. Or like a Tailgunner Cyborg (Cyborg with two independant brains). I agree if they can't function like that then duplication would be over kill.

Physical Limitation: Cojoined or Parasitic on one of the duplicates could handle the draw back. (For example one sister couldn't make a full move, and the other make another.).

But I guess I'm curious if they can really act so independently. They share the same body. They have Extra Limbs' date=' so those can act in a phase together, but otherwise it's not like they get twice the actions in a phase, I don't think. But I"m not sure...[/quote']

I'm almost wondering if this isn't just SFX. I think you would need to start out by defining on paper an average combat. If they are not going to be taking 2 actions per phase just rule it SFX and move on.

Otherwise, I might consider (even though this is really expensive) using Duplication - Cannot Combine and give them duplicate yet equal stats (other than mental stats).

But then you run into issues...if you hit LeftSide Annie, RightSide Shirley would still take STUN. Definately not an easy one.

Maybe build one head as a computer, or maybe just a head with no physical stats?

How about:

Two Heads are better than One: 50% Resistant Damage Reduction (Physical and Energy), Only if the shot hits in a head (-1)

She's down, but I'm still standing: +40 STUN (Special Effect: When down to 40 Stun or less, one of the heads collapses, but the other is still standing)

Two are faster than One: Extra Speed, must have both heads working (-1/4)

Mentally conjoined: +20 Ego Defense, must have both heads working (-1/4)

What about:

- A bunch of levels only for use with MultiPower Attacks?

- Some extra CON (Only to avoid being Stunned), defined as spreading the OW across both heads?

- Some extra STUN (Only to remain above 0 STUN), definsed as one head keeps going (include some kind of PhysLim or SE that would cause 1/2 moves etc since the other half is unconscious)

Otherwise, I might consider (even though this is really expensive) using Duplication - Cannot Combine and give them duplicate yet equal stats (other than mental stats).

But then you run into issues...if you hit LeftSide Annie, RightSide Shirley would still take STUN. Definately not an easy one.

For that, just use the feedback limitation for duplication.

If two players were to play the character, Duplication with all the extras like 2x attacks etc. would be fine. If a single player was running the character, I'd look for the abilities desired. If "2x attacks" was one of them, I'd disallow it as stated. Selective AOE attacks or Autofire or some such might work though.

Cool idea!

May I also suggest a few odds and ends:

- Increased arc of Perception (two heads looking in different directions at once)

- Increased SPD to reflect the addition actions that the two personalities and extra limbs are capable of

_Monsters, Minions, and Mauraders_ details in some depth how to build multi-headed characters, including the suggestions above and several examples. If possible, you should take a look at that.

Guest bblackmoor

This is very similar to the Doctor Octopus thread of a couple of weeks ago. You might find it worthwhile to dig that thread up and see what sorts of things people suggested for that. Some of the suggestions were pretty inventive.

For what it's worth, I would just call it a special effect of having some combat levels, maybe a higher than normal speed, a psych lim or two, and extra limbs (which was the same thing I said about Doctor Octopus).